Tem x reader- Treat you better

A/N: I was inspired to write this by Shawn freakin Mendes...enjoy!:)
——————————————————————————
"Hey, Tem want to go get lunch together?" you kindly asked your angelic voice caused him to stop whatever he was doing and turn to you with a bright smile.

"I would love to (Y/N)-chan!" Tem said with a small blush decorating his gentle features. Once you both arrived in the cafeteria and grabbed lunch, Tem was able to find an empty table. It's been a while since you've seen your best friend, you felt guilty, not hanging out with him as much as you used to.

The thing is ever since you started dating (BF/N), you never had enough time to be with your other friends or any of your hobbies because of him.

Now lately, your boyfriend has been acting like a total jerk towards not only you but your close friends, mainly Tem. It's almost as if he's not interested in you anymore, another thing that was bothering you is that girls would continuously flirt with him and he wouldn't do anything about it.

You should've listened to your friends when they told you he was bad news, but out of your selfish needs you ignored them and still went out with him, the look on Tem's face when you told him that you were going out with (BF/N) was concerning. He looked hurt when you told him, but he quickly put on a sweet smile and immediately started asking questions about the guy you were dating.

"Tem, can I tell you something?" you ask, feeling a knot starting to form in your throat. Tem now looked at you with concern as he stopped eating.

"Of course (Y/N)-chan, anything," he said, now holding your hand as he looked deep in your glistening (Color Eyes).

"It's just-" you stopped talking when you felt tears slowly slide down your delicate face you quickly wipe them away only for more to pour down.

"(Y/N), you don't have to say anything, but please don't cry." He softly said as he stood up from his chair and hugged your (small/big) form tightly.

No matter how many times you've spent with (BF/N), it never felt right to you. (BF/N) would always argue with you over petty things and would always put you down about the way you physically look. In all, you still had no idea why you haven't broken up with him, but today is where everything ends.

What both of you didn't notice were pair of (Color Eyes) glaring menacingly at the sweet affection you were receiving from a shitty nerd.
——————————————————————————
After lunch was over, Tem had offered walking together to Drama Club to which you were glad he did since you didn't want to go alone. When you both got to class, you then heard your name being called. You turn to see it was (BF/N), and he was approaching you rapidly.

"(Y/N)..." Tem paused, holding your hand and looked at your gentle face for any expressions, but he found none other than you smiling at him in reassurance. He hesitated but gave in to your smile and squeezed your hand before leaving.

"(Y/N) I thought I told you not to talk to that herbivore" (BF/N), said anger evident in his voice.

"(BF/N), it's over between us, and I don't want to continue this relationship where all you do is use me," you bluntly said, barely having any emotions in your tone. You squeaked feeling your wrist being roughly grabbed.

"(Y/N), if you do this, I swear you'll regret it and-" before you could hear any of it, you snatched your wrist out of his grip and looked directly into his eyes before responding.

"I don't need you to be happy." He looked at you with a blank stare and glared at your walking form.
——————————————————————————
"Hey Tem, what's that you have in your hands?" Legosi asked, which caused Tem to panic instantly and hide it behind his back. He nervously chuckled and looked around the locker only to notice that it was only him and Legosi in the locker rooms. He then felt obligated to tell someone about his underlying feelings for you, and if he were to let out a peep, he would tell Legosi.

"Hmm, but doesn't (Y/N) already have a boyfriend," Legosi mumbled, which caused Tem to sweatdrop and glance at the love letter in his hands, which made him tighten his grip on it.

"Legosi, I've known (Y/N)-chan since we started our first year here, the moment I met her I knew that she was the one...but I never had the courage of telling her how I felt, and because of my lack of confidence I lost her to someone who doesn't deserve her...I-I know I could treat her better," he said, staring deep into his friend's eyes, which then made Legosi take the situation in deep thought.

Once they got out of the locker rooms, Tem had told Legosi that he needed to do something first, hinting to the letter still in his hands to which Legosi's response was a thumbs up. Tem had sneakingly went into the girl's locker rooms and checked for any signs of females inside, but for his luck there were none, he rapidly went to put it in your locker and headed towards the Drama Club.
—————————————————————————
Later that day, everything was going great; in all honesty, you felt more relaxed. During Drama Club, Tem had been helping you practice your movements and lines for the play, and you never realized how much you'd missed him. You had no idea why your heart would accelerate whenever he approached you or put on that adorable smile you've always liked.

You were so confused at this point, as you opened your locker you see a neat sheet of paper sticking out of it, you read the letter and gasp as you already had a hunch who wrote this, 'oh Tem' you sadly thought. You quickly folded the letter and ran out of the locker rooms, surprising the other females.

You eventually found Tem sitting on one of the benches from outside the academy you slowly approached him and looked at his gentle features staring off into the sunset. You take a seat beside him, which causes him to break out of his trance and look at you then back at the sunset, then swiftly turned his head back to you with wide eyes.

"Sorry, I didn't mean to startle you...I just wanted to ask you something," you say while fiddling with your thumbs.

"What is it (Y/N)-chan?" Tem smiles as his body is now facing towards you at full attention.

"Sooo, Tem, you really think I'm beautiful?" you ask with a teasing smile, pulling out the letter from your breast pocket as he stuttered to come up with something to say only for you to giggle at his reaction.

"Tem, calm down, I would love to go out with you," you smile gently at him, which causes him to sigh in relief.

"Huh? W-wait (Y/N) how did you know I was the one that wrote you the letter?" Tem asks with obvious curiosity.

You giggle as you hold his hand and swing it back and forth before responding, "Tem, I've known you for three years. I think from those three years, I've memorized how you write."

Both of you were now finally happy, and there is nothing that could ever separate you and your bubbly boyfriend...of course, that's what you think.