Pilot (Part 1)

Joe sat on the kitchen table enjoying some cereal watching the news when suddenly Grampa came on the news. 

"Alright before I take questions... as you all know the first hours are crucial in a case like this. So I'm asking for the medias help to keep Teresa's face in the media.  Our task Force will respond to each and every lead. I assure you the New York City police department will not rest till we find this little girl" said Commissioner Reagan 

"Commissioner!" "Commissioner!"

"Miguel..."

"Commissioner Reagan, what do you day to bloggers that say there's fewer police in the upper east ally surf then there is in the north"

"Miguel your a professional journalist do you really want to give cesarean Amitator with a laptop? " replied Commissioner Reagan

Joe scoffed at the reporter then turned of the t.v. once he realized the blond was next and it wasn't about the case. 

*Changing to 1st Pov*

I pulled out my phone and went on my Instagram and scrolled through trying to find something interesting to see. I had to admit though. The media did a good job getting the little girls face everywhere. 

*Slam!! I'm home*

"hey pops." I said 

"Joe help me with these bags will ya? " pops said 

"ya no problem pops" I replied after giving a chuckle

I helped pops put the food away in silence, a comparable silence.

Its been like that since dad died I can tell my family still grieving. I mean I get it. 

"Guys I'm home!" I heard Grampa say. 

He came into the Kitchen looking stressed and tiered. I looked at pops he looked at me and shrugged. He went up stairs to take a nap. 

I stood their just staring at grampa

"whats wrong?" I said slowly 

Gramps looked at me stared for a second. Then open his mouth to say something but back door opened. 

"Any body home?" I heard uncle Danny say. 

Grampa turned to the sink.  With raised eyebrows I yelled out,

"In here!"

I sat on the kitchen isle when Danny walked in with what looked like the roast for Sunday dinner. 

"hey dad" Uncle Danny said awkwardly

"...Hey" Gramps responded

Danny opened the fridge put the meat in while grampa just stared at him

"I got the meat here from Eddie's for tomorrow. Linda said you should probably take  it out 2 hours before you head to Mass... Guess you heard?" Uncle Danny said

"Not the best news" Grampa said

'what is going on.' I thought as I watched father and son interact

"CSU done with the van. No fibers No hair... Guess I screwed up huh. " Danny said with a shrug

"Internal affairs is gonna gave to get into this "

"Just so you know Demarcus had nothing to do with it. I told him to call it in. "

"this whole thing will go down easier if you nail this guy."

"I know dad but I got nothing"

Great... More work. I've come to hate police work since dad died. One of the reasons its so awkward with me and Jamie. 

I left their converation before I said something that could get me in trouble. I walked up stairs towards my room. I avoided looking at one door. My dads door. This old room. It just hurt. 

*Next Day*

I helped set up the table with Aunt Linda and Aunt Erin and Nicky. I heard Aunt Erin and Nicky talking about grama and not setting a place for her. 

I looked down and gave a small prairie for grama, dad, great grama, etc. 

"Were is everybody. The roast is not gonna wait. Boys! Guys! Dinner. I better get those roles before they degenerate." I heard Aunt Linda say. I laughed and watched grampa, pops, Sean , and Jack. 

"Something smells awfully good and its aint this peep squeak." Pops said while poking Jack with his cane. 

"Hey!? " Jack said 

"Ha!" I laughed while Jack turned and glared at me. Which just made me stick out my tounge while grampa shook his head with a smile. 

"Hey all!" Jaime said as he walked in with a smile

"Jimmy!" pops greeted with a smile.

I just stared at my plate avoiding his eye contact. I felt him stare at me when he didnt hear me greet him. I watched from the corner of my eye as he frowned and sat down

"Hey were Danny" He said 

"He said we would try to make it." Linda said with a frown

'Oops Uncle Danny's gonna get it.'

"- and look were it got you" I heard Aunt Erin said as I tuned back in. I watched Grampa freeze and pops look at Erin. That's when Grama asked Jamie to pray.

That's when Danny walked in and the whole argument started. It was starting to get on my nerves. 

"Its a civil dinner

"Its a civil dinner. not a free for all lets keep it civil." grampa said. 

Silence was heard through the whole room. But it didn't last long the arguing started again. Then Danny got a notification and left. Then more people started leaving the table. 

"So much for a family dinner" I muttered As I left the table 

Got into my car and left. Not like anyone noticed.