🇩🇪weak brother

Warning: third Reich, west and east Germany, mentions of the two world war.
Ship: none
Word count: 717

West Germany ran through the halls of the rather large house he lived in with his father and his twin brother. He was laughing as he played with the identical country.

"I'm going to get you Bruder!" East said with a giggle as he was catching up to the other male. West started to panic and ran faster without looking in front of him.

He, unfortunately, ran into a bookcase and it tumbled down making a loud thud as it hit the ground. East ran up to his brother worried, "Are you okay?! I'm sorry!" He said as he looked around for any wounds or scratches.

Fortunately, West was safe and hadn't hurt himself badly, but he was worried about the bookcase. Their father had always told them to keep away from it and now he had accidentally pulled it down.

"Vater is going to be so mad," he said as he stood up. Before east could say anything they could hear the thick heel of their father's boots coming from down the hall.

They panicked yet they knew if they ran away they would be in more trouble so they stood up straight next to each other, dreading their father's arrival.

"What have you boys done now?" The man asked as he looked down on them with sharp eyes. They looked at each other before west said, "sorry vater we were playing a bit to rough and accidentally pulled down the bookcase."

The older man sighed as he picked up the bookcase with easy and stared at them, "pick everything back up and put it in length order," he said as he sat down in a sofa that was sat near.

The boys nodded and started right away by picking up the books and doing as he asked. East only stopped as he picked up an album of some sort and a photo fell out of the book.

He picked it up to see a picture of his father as a young boy, maybe his age, with his grandfather and some other boy. He had a flag similar to the twins making East tilt his head.

"Vater who is this on the picture?" He asked out of curiosity and his father walked up to look at the picture. "That is my brother," he responded simply making the two younger countries look at each other.

Their father almost never talked about his history nor family. "Can you tell us about him?" west asked making the nazi sigh and look at them, "alright but you'll have to pick up the things first."

The two boys lit up and picked up everything even quicker. After they were done the older country came up to the shelf and took out that old photo album the photo fell out of.

He sat back down on the sofa and the boys sat down next to him on each side.

"My father, your grandfather, was a great general and conquered lots of lands before he was thrown of power. It was then when me and my brother, Weimar, was born. We were very different from each other," he started as he flipped through the bundles of photos.

"When my father died Weimar got the power and tried to help our people through the debt after the war. Yet he failed. I said to him thousands of times that he should just go to war and take back our father's old land. Our rightful land we had won our selves. He was a coward. Yet he wanted peace. Our people were poor and were helpless," He said in a voice of disgust.

"And one day, he disappeared. No one knows where he went or what happened to him. But I took power after that and since then our people have been blooming," he said as he closed the album. "Now boys how about we go eat dinner?" He asked as he put the book back and started walking to the kitchen.

The two boys looked at each other in terror as they knew their father and had a theory that had happened to their uncle. They relentlessly got off the sofa and walked to the kitchen.