-The Downfall-

Shoto placed his phone on the bedside table. His heart was beating fast, and his face was flushed. He was staring at the ceiling too scared to even look over at Katsuki. He tried to keep his breathing calm and quiet but everytime he blinked he saw Himiko's text. "It was you!"

        He started to rub his thumb over his pointer finger over and over. He started to count all the squares on the ceiling. He sat up to help calm himself down, he hugged his pillow but in a way that didn't seem suspicious to the blonde that was just across the room.

        His heart was beating hard, but it slowed down tremendously. Yet he heard every beat his heart produced. Then a slight light came through the window. It was the moonlight, soft and beautiful. A small barely noticeable change, but Shoto was overly focused on everything around him.

        The small light made him calm down and remember all the times he went stargazing with Touya, Himiko, Keigo, and Tomura.

        "Have you ever gone stargazing?" Shoto blurted out without thinking. Thinking of the people he considers family always gave him confidence.

        "Huh? Kinda I guess. Why the fuck do you care?" Katsuki sits up and sets his phone down. Shoto can feel his stare but refuses to look away from the ground where the moonlight is reflecting.

        "I was just curious. I use to go all the time with my family." Shotos voice sounded more sad than he had planned. He may have only been at UA for a couple months but damn did he miss them.

        "Oh yeah didn't your weird ass brother come here. And your other friends too!" Katsuki exclaimed "The weird brother followed me on twitter."

        "My brother isn't weird, and his name is Dabi. Plus they are all my family and the only family I have. Just Dabi is the only one biologically related to me." Shoto was never afraid of telling people this, he was proud to call them family and didn't like to hide it. Some people consider it over sharing but Shoto just wants everyone to know how important they are to him.

        "Whatever." Katsuki basically tried to end the conversation, trying to make it seem like he didn't care. But deep down he wanted to ask more questions. He was curious about Shoto, he seemed so mysterious and hidden.

        Shoto picked up on this end but he needed to ask one more question.

        "What's the name on your wrist?" Shoto finnally looked at Katsuki.

        "No one important" Katsuki looks away. He was lying weather Shoto was his enemy or his lover, he was still important. The person on your wrist is important to anyone no matter who it is. I guess the thing Katsuki didn't expect was the fact that the lie he just told hurt him so much.

        "Oh ok. Well I'm gonna sleep" Shoto felt his heart sink. I guess this was enough to completely get rid of his doubts. He was definitely in love with Katsuki. But he wasn't important to Katsuki. Katsuki was his enemy, and that was that.

        But damn did Shoto want to cry. He couldn't even feel his heart anymore, but he knew it was aching. Why should Shoto even try with the blonde if he didn't want Shoto around.

------

The song linked is the song I listened too as I wrote this.