Extra Chapter|Wounds

E x t r a 
W o u n d s ( S t a r)

Here's the first installment!

The weather sure is nice today.

Not really. When I met it was nice, I meant it was pouring hard rain outside. The skies were dark and it looked like night when it barely turned six. I take a deep sigh, and take another sip with my cup of hot chocolate.

Just seeing the scenery outside, makes me calm inside. It's so dreary yet comforting, with the wind touching your skin, the harsh pound of rain on your ears.

The cafe I just went was jam packed--mostly from people entering to shield themselves  from the rain but not without buying themselves something. I glanced back to my phone and realized that I had been waiting here for 30 minutes for Marco to arrive.

Was he stuck in traffic? Was he busy? He can't come here? Did something bad? I just can't help but shake off the different thoughts, as I grip on my coffee tighter.

Then the door to the cafe chimes, it constantly chimed but this time my eyes decided to look at the arriving person. And that's where I made a mistake.

It seems that fate played such a twisted joke. Our eyes met, and my stomach twists in knots. Her eyes widnened and I look away, refusing to accept its appearance. I tried to pretend it's no one, but I can never deny the loud, harsh clacking of heels towards me.

"Star," she says breathlessly, like caught in a marathon. I didn't need to look. I know who she was, just her voice  was enough to tell. "Lucia."

"How are you?" she asks, and I flash her the coldest gaze. "Go away."

She smiles sadly, then takes the seat in front of me. "Did I told you to take a seat?"

"I see," she briefly says. "--it's been ten years since I last saw you, you became really pretty."

"I don't care, Lucia," I growled. "Leave me alone. Don't act like ten years ago didn't happened."

"You know Star, I was really a stupid kid back then," she clasps her hands. "I idolized you so much. You were that kid everyone loved so much, you were the genius and I wanted to be like you, so I followed you around."

"That doesn't concern me," I snap back, feeling that the wounds pierced inside me were coming back to light. Because of her, because she's here.

"Just please, listen to me," she pleaded and tried to reach for my hand but I slapped it away. "Did you even listen to me ten years ago?!"

"Lucia, you know what you did and what you did left a scar on me!" I say on impulse. "You ruined my life, and I can  never forgive you for that."

"I know you can never forgive me, but I wanted to you hear what I felt," she sniffles and I don't feel anything but anger, hatred and pain just seeing her. "You don't  deserve it. You are selfish, Lucia and a backstabbing liar."

"But I only did it because I was jealous of you, Star," she bursts in tears. "--you had everything that I didn't. I thought I was satisfied just staying behind you, but I wasn't."

"I thought that if I make everyone hate you, everyone would love me," she cried. "--I was driven with hate, envy and longing."

"I treated you like my dear friend," I eyed her heartlessly. "I shared all my thoughts and feelings to you, yet you turned everyone against me."

"Because of you, I had trust issues," I spat. "I had to become hateful, colorless. My life became grey and dull, I started to hurt other people right ahead. I thought that all people were the same, evil and crude."

"But Marco saved me."

"When you skipped grades, it was then I realized that I messed up so bad," she sobbed. "--I realized how lonely my life was without you. How I regretted ruining our friendship, you were much better than that yet I ruined it."

"I wanted to apologize for the longest time, but I didn't have the face to meet you," she says. "--I didn't deserve forgiveness from you. After all, I ruined everything you once had."

A tear mistakenly slipped from my eye. "It's too late for that. You've done the damage."

She looks up and wipes her tears. "I know. But I wanted to say I am sorry Star for all this. I know you'll never forgive me but I didn't want to keep hiding from you any longer."

"I ruined your life, I deserve nothing but karma," she flashes a sad smile. "-you were such a great friend. I never found one like you after you left. I heard you're getting married. Congratulations."

"And sorry, but I think playing the antagonist in your life helped you become who you are right now," she stands up from her seat and looks at me one time before turning around. "Live a long life, Star and bless you."

It was after she left that I didn't realize tears streamed down my eyes. Finally free, free from the deep hatred and revenge planted inside me.

It meant so much to me. All I needed was a sorry, after all this time, all I needed was her to say it. All those pent up frustrations and dull inside me will slowly heal and so will the memory that ruined us.

Thank you Lucia.

11-23-19