Chapter 4

I stand frozen by the door as I notice everyone watching me. I smile sheepishly because I’m pretty sure they heard Coen and me. I could feel my cheeks growing warm and I hated that I was blushing. I took in a deep calming breath and stared back. There were many old and young faces. I didn’t see any children and I was certain not everyone in the back was here. I didn’t think that the living room could hold that many people but then again I didn’t pay much attention to my surrounding in my rush to find clues. I recognized Alpha Fin standing before them and hoped he would say something to end the now growing awkward silence.

“This, ladies and gentlemen, is Nia and she will be with us for an unknown amount of time till she is able to find her own pack. During her stay I expect nothing less than respect in your treatment of her. It will not be tolerated understood? Furthermore please make her feel welcome and guide her in our ways. That will be all.” He said smiling widely. I returned the smile hesitantly and then everything happened all at once. People started to come forward making a line to come introduce themselves. I felt self-conscious as I stood there in an overlarge black t-shirt and barefoot no less. I must look like a wild deranged animal.

Finally as everyone left the living room I felt dizzy and fell back on the couch. That was way too many people all at once. The only person I remembered was an elderly couple who made sure they were the first people in line. Greyson and Mary, they seemed very sweet and affectionate. The others were simply a blur.

Coen laughed as he sat beside me, “Well that was nice.”

I scoff, “Oh yeah, I’ve never been around so many people in my life and in only a t-shirt no less. They must think I’m crazy. And I could barely remember any of their names except for Greyson and Mary.” I slung an arm over my eyelids.

“Those are my parents.” Finn said coming back from letting most of the people out.

“They seem very nice; they remind me of my family.” It took me a while to understand what I said and I sat up. “So I do have a mom and dad.” I laughed with the joy it brought me. Although I didn’t know what they looked like I did know that I had parents.

“I think you do too.” Finn said sitting in the big arm chair across from the couch.

“I guess my memory will come slowly real slowly, but at least is something.” Crossing my legs I stared at both of them.

“Now Coen and I have something to tell you about what we found on our search today.”

Coen went on a spiel explaining everything while I interjected a couple of times but to Coen’a annoyance, once it came to describing what we saw in the river Coen went silent but stared meaningfully at Finn. After about a minute Finn raised an eyebrow and a perplexed look crossed his eyes.

I grew suspicious, “HEY!! Coen stop using your mind link and start explaining!!”

They weren’t listening to me, so I jumped up and stood in front of Coen with my arm crossed. He stared at me and smirked, I squint and then I realized he was still talking to Finn.

“Ugh!” I jumped on him trapping his arms in one hand and grabbing his chin with my other, “What the hell did I see in the river? You better start explaining now! The only way you can help me find where I came from is if you tell me everything you know and I will reciprocate. Understood?” I leaned in, seeing my bright orange eyes rimmed with red in the reflection of his silver eyes.

He glared at me, “You don’t know what much to begin with.”

God I wanted to kill this man. He made me so mad, why did he have to be so difficult!

“Nia calm down and sit, “Finn said from behind putting a strong but gentle hand on my shoulder, “I’ll explain everything. Now get off before Coen loses his temper completely.”

“Fine,” I got off begrudgingly and sat down on the edge of the couch, Coen growled and stormed over to the other side of the living room. I rolled my eyes and cursed him under my breath.

Finn laughed at the both of us and shook his head, “You two make a lovely pairing.”

I began to laugh while Coen growled in his little corner.

“Stop being a baby,” I called to him, “Come sit and start explaining.”

He turned and rolled his eyes but came to sit down next to me.

I stared at them both waiting for either one to begin.

“The person that you saw in the river was the Moon Goddess’s child Larissa and she is one of many children of the moon. Her role is to oversee our realm and keep the peace,” Coen scoffed at what Finn said but stayed quiet upon Finn’s glare. “Well that’s her role but she mostly likes to interfere, she’s mischievous but she means good most of the time. I’m just wondering what her interest is in you.”

I was wondering the same thing.

“Can she be reached in anyway? Maybe she knows where I came from an she could help.” I said smiling at the idea of finding my home.

Coen shook his head, “You see Larissa can’t be reached, she reaches out to you unless you know where she resides it is almost impossible to find her. Being the Moon’s child can create enemies and there are plenty to spare.”

I slumped, but then a though occurred, “Well maybe she was trying to reach out to me in the river but I was too focused on my fright.”  Chewing my lip I could feel the beginnings of a headache. This was all so confusing and not possible. Although I have heard of Larissa but I just thought she was a myth amongst our kind. I never expected her to be real. Of what I could remember was she was an ethereal being with long flowing white hair, resembling the moon’s luminous light, but where there was light there was dark and each child of the moon had a right to choose whether they would be more light or more dark. But Moon children were capable of both. Larissa was only one of many Moon children but I couldn’t recall who the other one’s were. I sighed.

Coen leaned over, putting his shoulder against mine and nudged me, “Don’t worry your memory will come back in time and then everything will be clearer.”

“I hope so because I don’t know how much more I can take being in your presence.” With that I stood and was making my way out of the living room before Finn called out to me.

“You’re room is up the stairs, the last door on your right.”

I nodded my thanks and left a very amused Finn and a scowling Coen.

“She’s so difficult.” Coen grumbled.

Finn’s roaring laughter followed me up the stairs, I couldn’t help but smile.

***

Hi guys!!

What do you think of Nia's and Coen's relationship? Friendship? Who knows?!! XD

Time will tell!

Let me know what you guys think and don't be afraid to reply or ask questions, I don't bite ;)

VOTE

COMMENT

SHARE!!

~O~