Chapter 1: I Miss You

One month later:

It was the first week of November in Arlington Heights and everyone was still reeling from the aftermath of Homecoming night. Friday morning at the cafe, Sasha was having coffee with Miz and Alexa.

"You know at some point you're gonna have to tell you're father." Miz told Sasha.

"Maybe in like ten years." Sasha said.

"You really think you can hide this from him for that long? I mean everyone in town already knows." Alexa said.

"And luckily for me, my father is really one for socializing. I just need to make it from now through senior year then I'm golden." Sasha told them.

Miz and Alexa let out a small laugh when Tessa suddenly pulled up outside on her motorcycle.

"See you guys tomorrow." Sasha told them with a big smile on her face.

Alexa glanced out the window as Sasha walked outside. Tessa took off her helmet as Sasha walked up to her.

"Hey, baby." Tessa said as she put her hands on Sasha's waist and leaned in for a kiss.

Miz and Alexa both titled their heads slightly as Sasha and Tessa began to make out there in the square. Alexa raised her eyes brows as she watched Tessa slip her hand into Sasha's back pocket.

"Damn." Alexa let out.

Miz looked over at Alexa in surprise by her comment.  Alexa took a sip of her coffee, casually trying to avoid eye contact with Miz.

Paige was behind the counter getting an order ready when Phil walked in and sat down.

"I'll have a coffee, please." Phil told her.

Paige looked up at him in annoyance.

"I thought I told you to leave me alone?" Paige asked.

"You did. But unfortunately you can't tell me what to do. Especially when I'm trying to help you." Phil said quietly.

"I don't need your help anymore, Phil. It's done." Paige told him in frustration.

"Maybe.. But you still need a friend, Paige." Phil said.

Paige let out a small laugh to herself.

"No offense but you don't really seem like the type of guy to just be friends with girls." Paige said.

"For you I'd make an exception." Phil told her.

Paige shook her head in disapproval.

"Don't you have an ex-girlfriend to pine over or something?" Paige asked him.

"I do.. and that means something in common, doesn't it?" Phil asked with a smirk on his face.

Paige accidentally let out another laugh.

Outside of the cafe, Bayley was walking down the sidewalk when she saw Sami and Finn sitting together. She stopped for a moment and looked at them through the window as they shared a laugh. She took a deep breath and looked in front of her as Adam walked up to the cafe. Adam casually glanced over at Bayley as he opened the door for Peyton and followed her inside. Bayley let out a sigh of frustration and continued walking.

Later that morning at school, Roman was talking at his locker with Miz and Alexa. Mandy watched from down the hall as Riman put his arm around Brie.

"I thought you were over him?" Nikki asked her.

"I am." Mandy said unconvincingly.

On the other side of the hall, Renee was getting her books from her locker when someone approached her from behind and covered her eyes.