Chapter 5: Surprise..

One week later

It was the Tuesday before Thanksgiving and a fair share of Arlington Residents were headed out of town for the holiday. Becky spent nearly every holiday at her grandparents. This year, her grandmother had invited Luke to join her and her mother. Unfortunately for Becky, Luke joining them for the holidays also meant Seth and Dean were coming as well. Anna was standing on the porch finishing her cup of coffee while Becky struggled to carry their bags to the car.

"The guys will be here any minute, I'm sure they wouldn't mind helping-." Anna began to tell her.

"Mom, I've got this!" Becky assured her.

Luke pulled up in his truck with Seth and Dean.

"What in the hell?" Luke asked.

All three of them watched as Becky carried two large suitcases in each arm, one on her back and somehow she had a large backpack attached to her leg. Luke parked the truck.

"Are you boys gonna go help her?" Luke asked.

"Nope." Dean said immediately.

"Yeah.. That's probably not a good idea." Seth said as he scratched the back of his head.

Luke shook his head in disapproval and got out of the truck. Seth and Dean watched Luke cautiously, knowing that this wasn't going to end well for him.

"Here, Becks. Let me help you with that. Luke said as he tried to assist her.

"Do I look like I need help? Do you think becasue I'm a woman I can't carry by own things? Because newsflash old man, I can!" Becky yelled at him furiously.

Luke froze in fear for a moment as he looked to Seth and Dean for help. Anna laughed at the fact that Seth and Dean hadn't bothered getting out of the truck yet to avoid Becky's rath. Luke began to bend down as Becky dropped the suitcase off her back but she made a threatening eye contact with him.

"Okay.. You got it." Luke said as he surrendered his hands and backed away.

Seth let out a sigh and looked over at Dean.

"I've got the money to pay off Joe.. We'll take care of it when we get back." Seth told him.

Dean looked over at Seth and nodded in approval.

"You really think it's a good idea, stealing from your father like this?" Dean asked.

"I think he owes us.." Seth said as Dean lead the way out of the car.

Becky had finally loaded her things into the car before Dean and Seth carried their bags over. Becky gave each of them an awkward look before getting in the car. Luke got in the drivers seat while Anna sat in the passenger side. Becky was sitting in the middle in the back with Seth to her left and Dean to her right. It had been a few weeks since she had spoken either of them. Seth wasn't responding to Becky's text messages and it was clear that he wanted space. Dean also made it clear that he wasn't just going to be around for Becky when Seth wasn't. She wasn't on great terms with either of them but she wasn't necessarily on bad terms either. It was a very awkward situation to say the least. As they drove out of Arlington Heights, Becky thought back to what had happened just a few days ago..

It was Friday afternoon and school had been dismissed early for Thanksgiving break. Becky made her way up to Arlington Heights Inn, the local bed and breakfast. After being directed by the owners, Becky made her way up to the second level of the inn. She carefully knocked on the second door on the left. It felt like she waited forever for an answer as she debated running for her life. But for whatever reason, Becky stayed.. she waited. After only a few seconds, none other than her father, James Lynch, opened the door. He stared at her for a moment with a slight smile on his face. Becky froze in a bit of shock.