Duties

This will be fluff, all you thirsty people can wait. Please comment any other ideas or ships you'd like. I don't write X OCs but I will do X Reader. Anyway, keep in mind that this is a fanfic and anything can happen.

Charlie's POV
"Being a princess is hard. Being in hell is hard. Being the princess of hell just... it really sucks.
I know that I'm usually an upbeat person, but lately it seems like I'm the only one.
No one else here believes in redemption or becoming better people...
No one else thinks they can do it.
I know I'm right. And I know you have faith in me, Vaggie but still. What if I'm wrong?
I mean...
never mind. You know me. Heh, always complaining when there's work to be done."
Vaggie turns to stare at me, her one eye softening as she recognizes my distress.
"Charlie, hon it's ok. Alastor is gonna help us, even if we know he's not trustworthy. If anyone can make this work, it's the two of you."
I smile at her, Vaggie is so much more than my girlfriend. She's my rock, she keeps me sane.
I turn back to my page, I'd been writing a letter before anxiety hit.

I know it's ironic, me, demon princess of hell, born and raised in the underworld being the most optimistic person down here...
maybe it's cause I was never alive, I never did the whole Sin and burn thing, I just did the burn thing...
Oh well, the most I can do now is try to help my people.
Hell is overpopulated as always, it's just that now something actually needs to be done.
We undergo these exterminations, so many are killed each year. I hate it.
But Vaggie, she makes it easier.
She is always by my side and I'm never gonna stop being grateful for that.
Anyway...
I don't know why I'm writing this to you mom.
Maybe it's because you never answer the phone or have the time to talk in person...
I just want you to know that I'm helping. I'm going to make it so that the souls sent here stay here.
Much love, Charlie

I set my pen down and sigh. Vaggie reads over the note and smiles as she reads the part about her.
She takes my hand and wipes away the tears I didn't know I'd been crying.
We sit on the bed together and eventually lay down. These are the moments I cherish.