chapter 3

Harry gazed around in wonder as he walked down the busy street of Diagon Alley. With his short stature, he blended in rather well in the hustle and bustle atmosphere of the crowd. As he walked, he spotted many shops that he noted to go back and look at on a later date. Once Gringotts was in view, he picked up his pace, striding purposefully towards the large building.

Entering the building, Harry looked around in awe. It was unlike anything he'd ever seen! And the goblins were the oddest part of it all, short creatures with pointed ears and long noses were sitting at each and every space talking to witches and wizards. Harry was reminded of Stan's words earlier - to be respectful. Harry headed up to the nearest goblin and stood there silently until he raised his head.

"Can I help you?" The goblin sneered at Harry past his glasses.

"Yes sir, I was wondering if I could have an inheritance test please? A full one." If the goblin was surprised by Harry's politeness, he didn't show it.

"Your name?" The tone in the goblin's voice wasn't quite a growl, but it sent shivers down Harry's spine nonetheless.

"Harry Potter, sir." There were quite a few gasps as witches and wizards around the hall heard the name, turning to stare at Harry in astonishment. The goblin's eyes widened a bit, and he hurriedly waved his hand towards Harry.

"Follow me." The goblin stepped down from his spot at the lengthy table, and motioned for Harry to follow him down the long narrow hallway and through a door at the end. He held the door open, and as Harry walked through he managed to get out a murmur of gratitude through his awe-stricken state. The place was huge!

The goblin lead them down corridor after corridor until finally they reached an office with the word 'Griphook' on the door. He knocked on the door, and after a moment of quiet shuffling the door was opened, another goblin standing in the doorway.

"Harry Potter would like an inheritance test." The other goblin- Griphook, Harry assumed- merely stepped aside, letting Harry walk past the entrance. The door closed behind him, and Griphook swept his spindly hand out towards a cozy looking armchair sat in front of the desk he was now sitting at.

"Sit, Mr.Potter. It seems there is much to discuss."

-------------------------------

A/N

Once again, I know it's short but things are starting to pick up! I promise the chapters will start getting longer soon.