New revelations

*Chase PoV*

The sun is bright and happy, which is cools. I like it when the sky is happy, it makes me happy too.

The grown ups are driving their cool cars as i walk towards Rakan's house at the end of the street. I wish i was a grown up driving fast cars. All i'm doing is doing Karate, Judo and Kendo class with daddy. He's a cool teacher though. i don't mind, i can wait till im a grown up like him. I'm still happy so it doesn't matter now. But... i missed Rakan today. Again he didn't show up for practice and i miss him very much. I wonder if he is in trouble again.

Walking towards Rakan's wooden house makes me nervous a little. His dad scares me. But i must be a coward and run away from scary things. Dad told me to stand up for myself and not be cowardice, it is a disgrace to the arts of Karate and other martial arts. Daddy is so cool.

I wish Rakan's dad was kind like my dad and not scary. Maybe Rakan would be happier like me.

I really miss him; my best friend.

I hope he's okay. Rakan seems as though he is getting sadder and sadder each day.

Finally, i reach his home. It was a long walk from my home but at least i made it. My heart began throbbing a lot but i ignored it to respect my dad's teachings. I must press on. Fear is taught, not inherited and only me is responsible for feeling inferior. Man, dad sure is smart huh.

I walked on the dry and crunchy grass on their lawn, but i was not aiming for the door. Rakan's dad might be mean to me again and may not allow me to see him. Mean man hurts Rakan. I thought dads are supposed to be good? This is confusing.

I walked to the side of the house where i can peep into his basement through a little window at the bottom of the house. Rakan is almost always there. I sometimes bring him snacks and toys, but today i did not. I dont think im a good friend..

I got closer to the basement, but i heard something weird. There was... crying.

Oh no... not this again.. I really wish i brought him a snack today. Now... i feel sad.

I went down on my knees and glared through the basement window just above the ground.

"You fucking little shit. You went into the fridge did you? WHAT DID I SAY, ABOUT EATING SHIT THAT ISNT YOURS??" his mean dad screamed at the top of his lungs. I saw his brown head glaring at... Rakan.

Rakan was tied up on the wall, his both arms stretched out and each one was tied to a nail on the wall. He almost look like that man on the cross i see in school. Also, his eyes are covered in a red cloth. What is going on?

Tears rolled down from underneath his pink wet face.

What is this feeling of sadness? Why can't my legs move? I feel horrible. I want it to stop...please.

"but..i was h-hungry.." Rakan sobbed, sounding really sad. Hearing and seeing him like that made me cry as well.

His dad lash him with a belt across his stomach which made me shake as i see the belt hit Rakan across his face this time.

"STOP LYING! I fed you two days ago. You were being bad so that was your punishment. DO YOU DEAR DEFY YOUR FATHER?"

Why is his dad so mean? This is so bad.

I backed away crying, while i glared at Rakan's hanging, sobbing body twitching a lot. I wish i never seen this. Why do i feel like my chest want to explode?