[ 𝟬𝟬𝟬 ] dad, you've always been my hero

tw losing a dad, old chapter, characters in the end are dami (jshk oc) and akane aoi

☀️ ⌜ マリちゃん ⌟ ┈─❟

When I'm stuck with a day

Mari looks outside the car's window with fascination as she watches people walk on the sidewalk and cars driving past them.

Mari was with Masaomi, Wataru, Kaname, and Subaru as the other brothers and her sister were inside the other cars at the back.

Mari wanted to sit with her sister but Masaomi had to intervene. Poo, Ma-chii. The child pouts to herself.

Everything fascinated the child, every word, phrase, or anything that she could see and hear, fascinates her to the point that she'll ask her brothers about it with an innocent tilt of her head.

Of course, her questions would either be dodged, changed, or even answered, depending on the question.

But this was different.

Her brothers and even sister didn't even answer her question on where they would be going. They would either just pat her head and smile, saying "Just wait, Mari-chan."

It sparked some kind of feeling that she was unfamiliar with. Was it fear? Sadness? Anger? Or was it guilt?

That's grey
And lonely

The cars stopped in front of a gate. Mari blinks as there were many crosses or even marble beds on the ground. She tilts her head. Is this some kind of building?

The door opens on her side as Masaomi came into her view. A small smile on his face as he lifts Mari off the car booster. Mari immediately placed her arms on Masaomi's neck as the man carries her out of the car.

She looks inside the gate again, seeing her brothers and sister in front of a stone. Hmm. Mari then looks at Masaomi confused.

"Ma-chii..."

"Yes, Mari-chan?"

"Where are we?"

Masaomi's smile turns melancholic as he walks up to their siblings. "At the cemetery, Maria."

Mari tilts her head confused. Was the cemetery the place for the unliving people? What is the cemetery actually? Mari blinks her eyes in thought.

"Eh?"

Masaomi stops in front of the stone, their siblings watching them, as he kneels down in front of it. He placed Mari down on the ground, gently.

Mari stood up straight before looking at the writings. The stone was a little worn out, some pieces of the marble gone and the writings were almost gone so it was a little hard to read.

Hayato Asahina
xxxx - 2015
A caring father, sibling, and person to all
May his soul be blessed

Mari felt herself go into a daze. Who was he? Was he a family friend? She would like to meet this friend someday.

Mari felt herself smile. "Ne, Ma-chii! The name looks familiar. I wanna meet this person someday!"

Tsubaki grimaces at that. Ema felt tears pricking in her eyes as Juli looks surprised. The other brothers sigh. Masaomi just smiles solemnly.

"You'll meet him someday, Mari-chan. After all, he is your father."

Mari felt her smile drop. Father?

"Papa?" This man that she couldn't see was her papa? She looks down in thought. Her face was motionless for the first time that her siblings felt their hearts beat fast.

I just stick out my chin
And grin
And say
Oh!

"Oh!" Mari then looks up with a smile. "Then I'll wait for the day to meet him again!"

The brother felt themselves turn pale. Ema steps up with a nervous smile, surprised at the child's action. She was sure Mari would have cried by now. "W-what do you mean by that, Mari-chan?"

"I would have a talk with him about leaving us alone!" Mari says with her eyes glistening. "A-and! A-ask questions o-on how he's doi--" She then starts to sniffle, looking down.

Her emotions were then scattered.

The sun'll come out
Tomorrow
So ya gotta hang on
'Til tomorrow
Come what may

"Why did he leave, Ma-chii?" Mari cries, her small hands trying to wipe away her tears but they just kept on falling. "D-did he not love us, me, anymore?" she hiccups.

Masaomi immediately hugs the crying girl in her arms, carrying her in the process. "No, no, no! He loved you, Mari-chan!" Masaomi comforts.

"T-then..."

"He loved you, Maria. He always had. There were just complications with his health." Ukyo intervenes as he pats Mari's head with a small smile. "He loved you with all his heart."

Mari sniffs as her brothers as Masaomi's back, gave her some funny faces to make her laugh. Ema giggles at that. Mari laughs as Tsubaki and Azusa imitate a cow, Yusuke and Fuuto fighting again, Wataru whining that he wants to hug her, and the other brothers just face-palming at their antics.

Tomorrow, tomorrow!
I love ya tomorrow!

Mari looks back at the stone and the marble bed with puffy red eyes and smiled.

"I love ya, Papa." She whispers as a gush of wind blows on her face softly. She giggles at that.

You're always
A day
Away!

***

Dami and Akane stop walking as they passed the cemetery, they watched as 12 men, a boy that looks like their age, and a teen girl was making the toddler girl laugh.

Dami smiles warmly. "Hmm, they look like a happy family. I wish that would happen to my family in the future." She comments as a mischievous grin follows, looking at Akane. "You're the husband, Akane."

Akane blushed scarlet at that. "Hah?! You idiot!" He shouts before running away. Dami laughs at herself, watching him run away before stopping, looking back at her.

"Hurry up!" Akane shouts, red all over. Aeri giggles again. "Hai hai!" She looks over at the family again, seeing the toddler finally laughing and smiling, before she ran up to Akane with a smile, humming a simple tune.

"You're always a day, away!"