01

"some people are artists, some themselves, are art

"some people are artists, some themselves, are art."

TULSA, OKLAHOMA

No one was sure if you'd say she was classically beautiful, but her large liquid blue eyes held such an intelligence and serenity that made all girls envy her. She wore her long blonde hair in a bun some days, other she left it untouched letting it flow down her back. Strangers gazed at her when they thought she was unaware. Even her teachers favored her over the other students.

At school she was popular without even trying. You could hear her coming from the click of her heels and hush of the crowd she walked past. She had the kindest pair of ocean blue eyes trimmed by long gorgeous lashes. Lovely eyes, yet somehow gentle, that always held a tiny warmth within them. Florid cheeks and flawlessly sculpted lips, as if crafted by angels themselves; sitting this close to her, glistening attractively with cherry lip balm that added further rosy color.

All these features set together on a delicate almost, angelic face. She had that movie star look, not overly tall and willowy, but more like an action star. Her muscle definition was perfect and she walked with the confidence of someone a decade older. She wasn't just flawless in her bone structure, her skin was like silk over glass and she radiated an intelligent beauty.

Even though she was a rich and had a very wealthy life she was kind to everyone, from east to the west side. Her dress was a primrose cotton and styled in a way that suggested it was store bought. On this very day in the middle of Fall Her long hair was swept into an up-do and her make-up was well applied with only mascara and cherry lip balm.

-

Adelaide walked, shoulders back, yet eyes frequently checking her own appearance; it was as if she felt superior and insecure all at once. The halls were crowded with people, and the chaos was so perfect, like a movie. There was the couple that was always making out on the left side of the hall, and about ten feet farther down, the soc girls gossiped about various things and checking their makeup, even though it was the same as when they had put it on. Upon realization that their unbearable teacher was not present that day, the news spread like a wildfire across the classes. Other students, who weren't fortunate enough, despite their hopes for their teacher's absence, walked solemnly to their respective classes dreading the nauseating hour of education awaiting them.

With faces as expressionless as corpses, the burdened students were offered looks of pity from the fortunate ones as they walked passed the free class, textbooks in hand, to the physics class. The students went to their assigned fourth period, only getting by knowing that lunch was the following hour. After, what felt like hours, the bell rang and Adelaide got up, slinging her bag over her shoulder and walked down the crowded hallway to her locker.

"Addie," A voice yelled from down the hall once the hall started clearing up since all the kids made their way to the cafeteria. "didn't think you were gonna be the last one here."