The War

Prologue

All you hear during the war are gunshots in the background, and screaming, lots and lots of screaming. My fellow soldiers screaming the name of our home. It's war against The Raiders. The Raiders started the war by stealing our livestock, then killing our young kits and pups. My childhood friend, Jordan was assigned to the same squad as me; the Honor squad. We called it that at least. It's formal name is HJ-9286498253. We have four parts of our army. Infinite, the main one, and the one that I'm in. Healers, the medics. Helio, the air drones and bombing planes. And then we have Gunnei, the most feirce and cruel soldiers are recruited there. They are our assassins. Oh, and also, there are four parts in each section. There are too many to names, and I would be lucky to know any other names.

Oh, Juniper, I hope that you are okay. I sent up a quick prayer to God. I knew that she would be worrying about me too. She had very good reasons to worry. I noticed that a large silhouette was looming over me. "Are you sure that you want to continue to fight? I mean, we've lost hundreds of soldiers already." The figure questioned me. I recognized that voice. Earthshaker, our Queen. "Your Majesty, I will fight for infinity, just like our motto. I would die for the safety of our small kingdom. I will die trying to win the war, or I will conquer our enemy. Anything, just to keep you safe." I bowed my head in deep respect for my queen. Earthshaker giggled. "So formal like always. But I'm glad that my humble solider is so loyal. I'm not surprised." Kylo tried to hide a smile. "Oh, here we go! You do have a sense of joy!" Earthshaker clapped her talons and fluttered her scaly wings. "Speaking of joy, how is Juniper doing?" Kylo seriously asked. "Well, she is still in the hospital... the doctors say that she will make it... Axil has been visiting her a lot lately, and he brought her a picture of you, to cheer her up." Earthshaker smiled.

"Well, at least she is doing okay. Have you sent the farmers out to clean up the rest of the poison? In the cows?"

"We can't lose anymore livestock, so we are going on my tributes, and I'm using it to have treatments done on the cows. I haven't been able to sell all of it though. It turns out that not every kingdom is ruled by a dragon."

"You don't have to sell your valuables, but I thank you."

"I'm the queen after all, and I must take care of you all. It's not much of a chore anyways, I actually enjoy taking care of my loyal friends. I believe that I am the first ruler of this land- no- out of the entire fifteen kingdoms, to call you guys my friends."

I nodded and smiled. We waved our goodbyes and walked away. I walked to my station beside Jordan, and suited up for the war.

Juniper

I was lying on the hospital bed when I heard a knock on the door. "Come in!" I weakly shouted. The door creaked open. I saw a familiar face, the one of my cousin. "Juniper! Oh my gosh! Are you okay! I've been worried sick! You're so frail!" Axis ran over to me and embraced me tightly.