003

7:01 am.
my eyes slowly drift open, and i check the time. i look to my side and find jecca waking up. "morning." she mumbles. i greet her back.
"you ready for your first day of school?" she asks. "not really." i say, yawning.
"well," she says, fixing the bed. "you should be. not a lot of people are lucky enough to go to saga high."
"i'm just tired from traveling." i say, standing up and walking towards the toilet.
"i'll just get ready. be right back."
"alright. don't take to long."
"don't worry i don't take hours."
"i'll prepare breakfast."

a few minutes later i went to the kitchen to see hiro. "oh. goodmorning hiro. what brings you here early in the morning?" i say, pouring a water into a glass.
"well, this boy had to come here to make breakfast." says jecca, leaning on a counter.
hiro sighs. "well i knew you were gonna try to cook again so i came at the right time before you burn the kitchen." he says, taking out plates.
"pffftt, you think i'm gonna burn the kitchen again?"
i started to get confused. "again?"
jecca looks at me. "one time i tried to make noodles and ended up burning half of the kitchen. it wasn't my fault the instructions were that fucking confusing."
hiro turned his head to jecca. "confusing? you only had to boil water then put the noodles and seasonings in what was confusing about that?"
i watched them argue for like 5 minutes. i couldn't help but laugh at them.
hiro looks at me and smiles. "hey, what's funny about that?" he asks.
"i don't know i just found it funny." i say, smiling.
"by the way you look great, jade." says hiro, smiling at me.
i smiled at him and thanked him.
i was wearing an oversized yellow hoodie with stripes on the sides, jeans and white sneakers. my hair tied into a ponytail.
"you look nice too." i tell him.
he was wearing a black hoodie with roses on the side, ripped jeans and black sneakers. and his hair was messy.
"yeah, okay. i'm gonna go change you guys make breakfast." says jecca walking towards the room.
i turn around and take an apple, biting it. "so, what are you making?" i ask hiro.
"well, i'm making fried rice." he says, adding salt.
"really? i like fried rice. my brother makes it for me a lot." i say, leaning on the counter. he finishes cooking and takes a spoon, tasting his dish. "yup, perfect."
"let me try." i say, tasting it. i slowly turn my head towards him, my mouth full of rice.
he smiles at me and asks, "well, how is it?"
i swallow my food and put a hand on his shoulder. "can i pay you to be my chef?"
he chuckles at the statement and says, "i could cook for free. you are my friend after all." i smile at him. i push him aside and taste the fried rice again. "although it could use some salt." i say. he steps up behind me and opens the cabinet, taking the salt. i didn't notice how close we fucking were until i turned around. we were so close i coukd hear his heart beat. he looked down at me and i looked up at him, you know like in the movies.
jecca later walked out wearing black and white striped long sleeves, with black jeans and white sneakers. she noticed us and leaned on the door. "well, well, well, look who's getting along great." i look at her and back at hiro. damn, he looks really good up close. i came back to my senses and slightly pushed him away. "um, sorry." i say, looking down, blushing.
"hey, it's nothing. i should have waited for you to move." he says, scratching the back of his head.
jecca stared at us for a solid minute before asking, "so we gonna eat or what?"
we prepared the table and started eating. as i was about to fill my mouth with rice the doorbell rang. "i'll get it." i say as i walk towards the door.
i open the door revealing three people.

one of them was a dark haired boy. he was wearing a white hoodie with a jean jacket and ripped jeans with white sneakers. i assume he was the boy named akari. i saw him last night. he was holding a cat in his hands.

the other one was also dark haired. but he looked like he wasn't from japan. he was wearing a brown turtleneck with jeans and black and white sneakers. he looked like a quiet person.

the last one was a dark haired girl. she looked younger than me. she was wearing an oversized white long sleeve with a drawing or a rose on top, a black skirt with white knee socks and black sneakers. she looked like a really nice person.

the boy who i'm assuming is named akari looked at me and smiled. "hello, jade!" he greets me before running inside shouting "food!" i just chuckled at him. the other two people looked at me and the girl greeted me. "hello, i'm tsuki. nice to meet you. you are?" she says reaching her hand out for me to shake. i shook it. "i'm jade. nice to meet you too." i smile at her. the boy then, came up to me. "um, hello. i'm taeyong. i'm from korea. nice to meet you." he says bowing down and giving me an eye smile. i smile back at him. "jade. i'm from the philippines." we all head inside and i finally got to eat my food. after we ate we all got ready and head out to go to school. i stopped before heading out, remembering what just happened a while ago. i don't know why but.
i smiled.
tsuki noticed and came beside me.
"you look happy." she says, looking at me. and i look back at her, smiling more. "yeah, i'm happy to meet you guys." she smiled at me. "that's not what i'm talking about." she says. i tilted my head slightly. she put a finger on my chest, probably showing my heart. "your heart." she says. "my, heart?" i was so confused.
"your heart, it's beating fast."
"well, yeah. i'm nervous for school." i tell her.
"no. it's beating for something else."

"someone, to be exact."