Too Far

A/N I hope everyone enjoys! I have a basic outline on how I want this story to play out, and there is going to be at least 6 chapters! Number will probably increase however. Thank you for reading <3

The mass amount of students of South Park High swarmed the halls, bouncing to their lockers and some stopping at other's. Most the kids headed for the buses to go home.

Cartman leaned on a currently unused locker as he waited for Kyle. The smaller boy fumbled around in his locker until finally closing it and throwing his green backpack over him.

Kyle turned to look at Cartman and sighed, "why are you still following me? I told you to leave."

"Psh! As if I'd listen to a Jew!" Cartman retorted. Kyle gave him a glare, opened his mouth as if to argue, and closed it again. He turned around and started heading towards the exit of the building.

Cartman followed him close behind, keeping up with Kyle while navigating around other students as best as he could. Kyle started walking faster, attempting to distance himself from Cartman.

"Kahl!" Cartman yelled, "Stop walking so god damn fast!" He was still close behind Kyle, but running through crowded hallways for Eric was impossible for many reasons.

"Stop following me Cartman," Kyle commanded.

"Come on Kahl, aren't we friends?" Cartman spoke as sweetly as he could muster.

"No." Kyle answered.

"Wow, no need to sugar coat it, Kahl" Cartman teased.

Kyle stopped in his tracks at turned to face Cartman, "Leave me the fuck alone! I've had it with your constant nagging! I'm sick of it! I'm sick of YOU!" He turned around to continue walking. Cartman clutched the small boy's arm before he could.

Kyle attempted to yank his arm out of the larger boy's grip but was unsuccessful. Kyle stopped struggling and looked at Cartman dead in the eyes. "Let go."

Cartman opened his mouth to protest, but Kyle repeated himself, "I said LET GO." When Eric still didn't budge, Kyle fought back. He kicked Cartman in the knee, sending a jolt of pain through his leg. Out of shock and pain, Cartman's grip loosened just enough for Kyle to jerk his arm away and bolt away.

"Get back here, Jew!" Cartman demanded as he painfully made his way to the exit.

After practically limping to the bus, Cartman had made it. Barely, but he made it. There was only one seat left open, next to Butters. Kyle was seated in front of Butters, staring out the window completely zoned out. He shifted his gaze and made eye contact with Cartman, who was still standing at the front of the bus. After giving Cartman a death glare, Kyle returned his gaze to the window. Stan, who was sitting right next to Kyle, was too busy texting his girlfriend, Wendy, to notice their exchange. Not that death glares between the two were anything new.

Cartman plopped himself down on the bus seat next to Butters.

"Well howdy, Eric!" Butters gleamed. Despite everything Cartman has done to Butters through the years, Butters still enjoyed being around him any chance he got. It was odd really. Cartman had done countless messed up things to Butters, he's gotten him grounded more times than once and yet Butters still never left his side. It made him feel guilty, though not guilty enough to stop controlling Butters.

"Mm yes hello Butters," Eric spoke softly as he was distracted by the Jewish boy sitting in front of him. Kyle usually gets pissed at his jokes and nagging, but today felt different.

Butters had attempted multiple times to get Cartman's attention and input into his one sided conversation, but Eric was too far gone in his own thoughts. He'd been trying to make friends with Kyle for the last week now. Obviously Kyle wasn't having any of it.

Why should Kyle trust him anyway? What has Cartman ever done to prove trustworthy. Nothing. Absolutely nothing.

Eric sighed, he shouldn't be thinking like this. His therapist had told Cartman that these thoughts only fed the negative emotions. Cartman shifted his sitting position slightly in an attempt to get more comfortable. It failed, but it was worth a shot.

The bus came to their stop.

Stan, Kyle, and Cartman all stood to leave the bus. Kenny wasn't there today, but he usually got off at this stop too. The three boys made their way out of the bus. The air was cold and harsh, as it always is in South Park. Snow covered the ground and every foot step was temporarily placed upon the frost for everyone to see.

The snow crunched under Cartman's feet as he placed them on the earth below. He overheard Stan say something about meeting Wendy, and watched as him and Kyle parted ways. Cartman quickly took that as an opportunity to talk with Kyle. He sped up to try and catch up to Kyle, but his loud steps alerted Kyle of his presence too soon.

Kyle jerked his body around to look Cartman in the eye, raising a fist as he stopped, "Didn't I tell you to leave me alone?!"

Cartman mustered up the sweetest voice he possibly could, attempting to sound overly innocent, "No Kahl, I don't think you did!~"

"Mother fucker!" Kyle stomped closer to Cartman, causing him to take a step bad to avoid being trampled on by the Jew, "I'm done with your fucking games, fat ass!" Kyle grabbed a fist full of Cartman's jacket.

"My games have nothing to do with fucking, Kahl," Cartman paused, "unless you wanted them to~" Kyle immediately took his hand off of Cartman and stepped back. Eye's wide with shock and disgust.

"Fuck you!" Kyle spat.

"Oh, if that's what you want, Kahl~" Cartman continued, glad to finally get a proper reaction from Kyle. Eric's preferred pass time was to rile up his favourite Jew, but everyone already knew that.

Catching Cartman off guard, Kyle pushed him into the snow. The small Jewish boy loomed above Cartman in a threatening manner. "Leave me the fuck alone or I swear to god I'll kick your ass."

Eric had to fight the urge to continue with his flirty comebacks in fear of Kyle actually snapping. Cartman searched for the words to say, what would he say in this situation? Anything he wanted to say would only make the situation worse for him. There was no winning here. He didn't want Kyle to hate him anymore, but he didn't know how to be nice to Kyle. Cartman wishes Kyle knew that, but there is no way in hell he'd ever open up to that Jew.

"That's what I thought," Kyle said as he backed away from Eric, continuing to make his way towards his house.

Cartman just laid there, rethinking the events from today. He always walks up to Kyle with the intention of trying to be his friend, but something always happens that makes him forget his motives. He felt so stupid, so useless. He can't do anything right. All he wants is to be friends with Kyle. Sure, the banter is fun, but he'd give it up if it meant Kyle would actually enjoy his company.

Just for once, he wants to be nice. But he can't seem to figure out how.