Trapped

The classroom was quiet, only two boys and a teacher occupied it. No one spoke. The only audible noise, besides the ticking of a clock, was the sound of movement when someone would shift in their seat. A low, creaking sound would be heard from even the slightest of movements. The silence was deafening. A strong smell of a burning peppermint candle was enough to give even the least sensitive of people a major headache.

Detention.

That's where the two boys ended up as they unknowingly let a teacher observe their little... "disagreement" at lunch.

Of course, Cartman also got in trouble, because apparently, it's his fault that he got punched in the nose. Cartman didn't get it, but what was he supposed to do? Ditch detention? Of course, he wanted to... but...

He looked over at Kyle who was sitting beside him, fidgeting with a wooden pencil. Kyle paid no mind to his surroundings. The feeling of deep thought was visible on his face as he silently tapped the eraser of the pencil onto the polished wooden desk. Kyle wasn't going to be broken from his thoughts any time soon, but Cartman pulled his vision away from the Jew's direction to not raise suspicion if he were caught.

The peace in the air was broken as the man dressed in a formal black suit watching over them sighed. The teacher pushed himself out of the rolling blue computer chair he had previously been occupying. The man only said, "be back," as he left the room quicker than either of the boys could respond.

The moment he was in the clear, Cartman let out an overly exaggerated sigh as he slammed his head on the desk, "god this is so fucking gay!" he groaned.

"Don't use that word," Kyle scolded as he side-eyed Cartman that was seated in the desk to the left of him.

"What? I didn't use a slur this time." Cartman raised an eyebrow.

Kyle huffed and turned from Cartman's gaze, "I don't care. Don't say it like it's a negative thing," his lips pulled themselves into a frown as he actively avoided looking into Cartman's studying eyes.

Cartman chuckled as he lifted his head from the desk, "Oh and why not? Are you gay? Does Kyle like dick up his-"

"SHUT THE HELL UP, CARTMAN! I'M NOT FUCKING GAY!" Kyle screamed as he slammed his gloved hands on the desk. He whipped his head around to face Cartman, brows furrowed and his frown deeper than before. Rage filled his eyes as if daring Cartman to enrage him again. Kyle was fully prepared to give Cartman another bloody nose.

Cartman jumped, "Woah, woah. Get your panties out of a twist, Kahl," he raised his hands, showing he wasn't interested in fighting. Then the situation hit him, this is the perfect time to be nice to Kyle! Kyle wouldn't dare skip detention so now he's STUCK with Eric! It was a perfect opportunity to make amends, "I'll quit using those words around you."

"Wait..." Kyle eyed the other suspiciously, lowering his fists, "really?"

"Really, really," Cartman smiled reassuringly to Kyle, causing him to be calmer yet more uneased.

Kyle did nothing but stare at Cartman in silence, maintaining longer eye contact than Carman was used to. Eric felt his chest tighten, unsure of what he was feeling as Kyle's emerald eyes gazed into his. He swallowed, not sure how to take in this moment. Eventually, the Jewish boy shattered the silence, "Why?"

"W-why what?" Cartman couldn't help but stutter as he started feeling jittery. He couldn't explain this feeling, he felt so uneasy despite nothing going wrong. This is what he wants, right? Cartman is finally getting somewhere, Kyles undivided attention is set on him and it's not for a negative reason.

So why does he feel like throwing up?

"Why would you stop?" Kyle's eyebrows lowered ever so slightly, "what do you have to gain from that?"