When the sky goes dark

I ran... as fast as I could, as I passed men were curled up like worms with bullet holes covering them, they looked like human Sponge's. I slipped on the slick mud,
"Da drüben tötet ein dreckiger Brite sie!" Someone shouted, I  picked myself up and started running again.
A German machine gun fired at me spraying the ground with bullets. I slid to a narrow alley way and took cover behind a pile of debris.
"First time eh? Welcome to my hideout" I turned around.
"Look who it is, only the be-"
Leo pushed me against the cool brick wall and pressed her soft moist lips against mine. Seconds felt like hours till she parted away.
"Oi do you have any idea how long you've been held down at that camp? Two weeks love! But those Jerrie's just wouldn't let their hands off your throat!" Leo said in a rough but worried tone before kissing me deeply again.
"Yeah mate those germs finally got to us, shot Aries a few times. But he has the wrath of Hades on his side. Not even a tiger could stop him." I said adjusting my hat.
"Oh yeah you might of dropped your hat ya digger!" Leo said pulling out a
Leather Akubra with the right side still turned up and a cork attached to it. I grabbed it and took off the olive green bucket and slid it on.
"Thanks again" I pecked her on the cheek and scanned her body. She was a white female with blackish brown hair put into a lazy pony tail, with blue eyes and standing at 5'7.
"Well let's kill some Jerrie's shall we?"
I said grabbing a propped LMG and loading it.

You don't know fear till you've been through hell, you don't know pain till you've been shot, you don't know death till you experience it.

"TIGER TANK TO THE LEFT GET TO COVER!"

"Scheiße, die Briten brechen durch unsere Verteidigung! KÄMPFEN SIE HÄRTER FÜR UNSER HEIMAT"

"WE NEED TO TAKR OUT THAT AA GUN, PUSH MEN PUSH!"

"DIESE BRITTEN WERDEN NICHT DURCHGEHEN, ZERSTÖREN SIE, FÜHREN MIT EINER EISENFAUST!"

"SHIT MEDIC IM HIY HELP IM HIT!"

That snapped me out of my thoughts, to the right there was a brown man with black buzz cut hair and brown eyes. He was behind a sloppy pile of sandbags, blood was everywhere.
I crawled to him nearly eating a few bullets.
"What wrong mate? Oi what your name?" I asked while scanning his body.
"Aquarius.... I'm Aquarius... they got me.... chest....."
"THE GERMANS ARE TO POWERFUL RETREAT WE CANT HOLD THIS AREA MUCKMH LONGER!" A man shouted from somewhere behind me.
I started dragging him back but he grabbed my arm and stuffed a letter into my pocket.
"No I'll hold them off. Tell my mum I love her" He grabbed a STG that was next to him and started firing. I always respect a man's wishes so... I ran...