chapter 18

Ruby started to feel better after talking to Alexa. She never felt so relieved in her life. Hearing her advice made her think about her actions a lot more. She finally figured out that her feelings for Clark are real strong. Ruby never would've thought that she'd fall in love with him. She also thought about Mandy. Who was she? A rebound? A friend? A one night stand? Whoever she was, why was she dressed like that?

Ruby was with her parents Monica and Johnathan at their house. She wanted a mother and father's perspective on it.

"So what brings you here kiddo?" Johnathan asked.

"Kiddo?" Ruby said.

"What? I can't call you that anymore?" Johnathan asks with a chuckle.

"Don't you think it's getting old now?" Ruby asked.

Johnathan sits next to Ruby and gives her a side hug and tickles her.

"It is never too old kiddo!" Johnathan said.

Ruby laughs hysterically and tries to move away from Johnathan.

"Haha!!! St-stop it!!" Ruby said.

"Alright alright, that's enough you two. So what's up? You seem to have a different attitude all of a sudden." Monica said.

"Mom. Dad. I'm in love." Ruby said.

"Woooaaahhh! In love? Who is this guy?" Johnathan asked getting all tensed up.

"Calm down Johnathan. This is completely normal! And I knew this day would come!!" Monica said.

"I know I know...I just don't wanna see our little girl get hurt because I will-"

Monica cuts off Johnathan.

"So who is this guy?" Monica asked.

"Clark," Ruby said.

"OH, MY GOODNESS REALLY?? AWWW!!" Monica screamed.

"Damn woman. Why are you screaming?? No need to scream. Now, who's Clark? Jonathan asked.

"He's my neighbor and a good friend of mine," Ruby said.

"A very handsome man, might I add!" Monica said.

"Cougar alert," Johnathan said.

"Hush up boy. Now did you tell him that you love him?" Monica asked.

"No...but he did..." Ruby said.

"You don't sound too happy about that," Monica said.

"Well, there's a little issue. We've known each for 5 months and he's been taking me out on cute dates, writing me letters...and we might've had sex a few times-"

"You what??? Monica, are you hearing this? She had sex!" Johnathan said

"Oh Johnathan, you're acting like that never happened to us. Continue Ruby." Monica said.

"And last month, he wrote a long letter to me saying that he loves me. And I couldn't bring myself to confront him about it. And then when I finally gained the courage to go to his place, there was a woman with him. And I think I'm too late. I waited way too long to talk to him and now I'm paying the price. So that's the whole story in a nutshell." Ruby said.