Levi x Reader: Ill Spirits

~(Y/N)~

It was Christmas day and everyone spent their time off at home with their families. I, on the other hand, stayed back at headquarters. I didn't know who my family was, I was left as a child and joined the military when I turned twelve. Since then I had always been on my own when I joined the Survey Corps, I had admired Captain Levi from afar, then a year after joining he placed me in his squad.

He and I rarely spoke, but there were times he'd praise me for my cleaning job and sometimes my fighting skills when practicing. But that was all, until today. I was making my way down the hall from the mess hall after eating breakfast when Hanji came running towards me with a stack of papers and rolled up scrolls in her arms. "Hey (Y/N)!" she greets.

I stop and hold out my hands ready to catch anything she'd dropped. "Hey, do you need some help-

"Yes actually, Levi is sick, I was supposed to go and keep an eye on him but then Erwin needed me so here I am. Could you please go make sure Levi isn't dead for me?" she asks.

I hesitated, it would be the first time I'd be alone with Levi. "Sure," I say slowly and unsure. She smiles then steps around me.

"Thanks! I owe you one," she says before running off down the hall. I sigh and look forward as I begin heading to Captain Levi's room. Walking rather quickly I make a sharp right turn into the next long hallway, on the left were Levi's office and bedroom door.

Walking up to the closest door I stop and knock twice. I waited until I heard a rather weak voice tell me to come inside. Twisting the doorknob I push the door inward and step into the dark room. Levi let out a loud rough cough, he was still in bed and under his blankets. Stepping in, I pivot back and shut the door quickly.

"Hanji sent me, Erwin needed her assistance for something," I inform him.

"Just shut up and get over here." he groans, quick on my feet I rush to his side. He laid in a tank top under his blankets and was sweating a lot, but also was shivering. He sniffles softly before grabbing a tissue to wipe his nose. It was the typical flu. I guess he forgot to get his vaccination from Hanji. Beside his bed was an empty water glass, quickly I get up and make my way to his bathroom to fill the glass.

I needed to make sure he was drinking enough. Once the cup was filled I walk back over to him, in my other hand I had the medicine off his nightstand that Hanji gave him. I tilt the bottle dropping a pill into my hand then hand it to him. He tossed it into his mouth then took the water out of my hand and gulped that down before setting back on the nightstand now half empty.

"Run along now brat. Go celebrate or something." he groans as he hides underneath his blanket. I sat beside his bed on the floor instead.

"I was told to watch you. So that's what I intend to do sir." I tell him.

He then uncovers himself and glares at me for not listening to him. "Well I'm giving you a different order- leave now," he says before going into a coughing fit.

I shook my head although in the back of my mind I was a little scared of what might happen now that I've denied him twice. "I don't wanna get you sick brat," he says in between coughs.

"I've had my vaccination," I argue.

He frowns at me before turning his back to me, he still shivered slightly but seemed to relax a little as time went on. Sitting against his nightstand I look over at him while holding my knees to my chest. "It must suck being sick on your birthday," I mutter.

"Tch, even if I wasn't sick I wouldn't celebrate it... it's just another day," he mumbles but was loud enough for my ears to hear. I turn my head to him and my eyes bore at the back of his head.

"It's not just another day sir. You should celebrate it because... you've made it this long without dying in this horrible world, that's something you should celebrate." I say muttering towards the end.

He fell silent hopefully taking in my words or he might've fallen asleep, which I wouldn't blame him. "Why do you care so much?" he then asks me after the rather long pause.

Because you're the reason I've made it this far without giving up. "Because it's nice celebrating with people you care about. Believe me, I'd give anything to celebrate birthdays, and holidays with the people I care about." I answer I buried my face in my folded arms as I continued to hold my knees to my chest.

Then I heard shuffling and brought my head up finding Levi looking at me. "I didn't know," he mutters.

I shrug my shoulders and look forward now. "How could you? It's not like I ever told you." I mutter.

Glancing over I find him sliding in closer, it seemed as if he was ready to listen to me tell him about my family. I sigh and look at my feet. "I was left as a child... I don't know who my parents are, I don't know if I have siblings. When I turned twelve I joined the military and made a few friends... that's about it." I explain.

I glance at Levi once again finding him still staring but this time the look of sorrow was written on his face. Then out of nowhere he grabbed my arm and pulled it towards him. Leaning on the edge of his bed, he wrapped his sweating arm around me in a half hug. "I'm sorry," he mutters.

Smiling softly to myself I hug him back. "If it makes you feel better, I'll celebrate Christmas with you... so you won't be alone," he mutters. At that moment, my smile grew bigger as I nodded my head while in his arms.

"Sounds like plan Captain-

"Call me Levi... I have a feeling we'll be seeing again very soon brat," he mutters.

My smile remained as I sat there still holding the sick man knowing he and I won't be lonely again after this day. He was the one person I truly cared for, and now I was his person he'd care for. And it was nice.