Ch 5: Humanity

Lucy POV

I couldn't believe that he actually said that.I squealed silently to myself in accomplishment. Wendy and Natsu just stared at me then looked at each other. "Natsu eat your steak or I'll feed you like a baby" i threatened. That caught his attention. He picked up the fork and ate very properly. I didn't think dragons knew how to use silverware. I must have wounded his pride a little. I watched the waitress come with a check and she politely gave it to me and kindly said "have a good day."

I looked to see that Natsu had completely finished the steak, but he looked unhappy. I looked at Wendy who shrugged in response. "Natsu?" He didn't move. He was looking down at his arm. He had markings on his body similar to acnologia's. Except they were red, but now they were black. He gritted his teeth an what i think was anger. "Natsu what's wrong." He shot me the deadliest glare I've ever seen. Wendy yelped and I for one felt my heart skip a few beats. I didnt move though. He glared at me and I locked eyes with him and glared back. After a minute he backed down and sighed. "My marks are always red, unless I do something wrong. In this case," he looked over at me with anger in his eyes "kill my own kind." He growled at me.

"That loud roar last night?" "It was my father. He's warning you all that you've crossed a line. He was just toying with you before. Now he's serious." Natsu brushed his bangs out of his face and chuckled. "I'll behave for now. Who knows how this is going to end." I nervously gulped. He's the prince of dragons and son of Acnologia. What could I expect from him. I payed the check and we left the restaurant.

I walked quietly a head of Natsu. I didn't feel so optimistic anymore. No, I have to be if im going to help him! Yes I'll show him that humans are friends and he'll help us. Everyone needs a good friend. "Wait here" i said to them. They looked at me weird. I snickered and ran inside my favorite store.

I came back out with three bags in my hand. Natsu looked at me weird and Wendy gave me that 'oh no' face. I smiled mischievously and ran off toward the guild hall. They followed behind me as quick as possible in this crowded area. I smiled a beckoned them. I went to push the doors open. Then a small hand was placed on my shoulder. I turned to see Wendy who looked at me and shook her head. I turned to see that she was looking at Natsu. His hood blew off in the cool wind.

I heard a loud roaring coming from far in the distance. It sounded angry and maybe desperate. I walked up to him stoping beside him. I looked up at him. He had a longing look on his face. "Your father." Natsu sighed. A sadness flashed in his eyes, only for a few seconds and it was gone. Replaced with an emotionless stare. "He's not as bad as everyone says you know. He does have a heart." I looked up at Natsu. Shocked that he was telling me something personal. He turned, not meeting my gaze and walked away. "H-Hey where you going?!" He stopped and glanced back at me. "Back to my cell. I told you," he turned and kept walking "I'll behave, for now."

I saw everyone in the guild's eyes widen as I came in unscathed. Levy pulled me aside and began to question me. I watched as Gajeel and Laxus directed Natsu to his cell. He didn't fight it at all. I felt sorry for him. "Lu-Chan! How did you come back without wounds!" I giggled and looked back over at Natsu's cell. "He just needed to be treated with Humanity." I looked back at Levy " thats all. I just needed to befriend him. I'll hopefully gain his trust soon enough."

Erza looked at me with shock. "So he didn't hurt you?" I shook my head calmly. "No, why would he? I gave him no reason to." I smiled and walked over to his cage. Leaving my gawking guild mates behind.

I opened the door slowly. Natsu was laying against the back left corner. his food tray was still there. He didn't move. He just gazed at the wall. I sighed. "Natsu I want to do something. You're not going to like it, but it might make the guild more comfortable around you. He looked at me and saw that I was still holding the bags. What I didn't realize was that I still had the remote.

He growled at me. I was confused. "The remote" he spat. Realization hit me. I took it out of one of the bags and tossed it on the floor. I grabbed cancer's key from my belt. "Open gate of the Giant Crab, Cancer!" Cancer appeared with a snap of his scissors. "Cancer just, cut his hair down a bit so it looks better." I left him to it. I heard Natsu hiss a few times, but i ignored it. I knelled down and set down the bags. I pulled out this outfit I bought in the store earlier. I bought it for Natsu.

I set it down and looked up at Natsu. His hair was still spiky, but it was shorter then before. I thanked Cancer and he disappeared. I gave Natsu the clothes and told him to put them on. He began taking his old ones off before I covered my eyes. I screamed at him to wait then I turned around and gave him the okay.

About a minute later I felt a tap on my shoulder. "Are you dressed?" I asked. "Yeah, you can turn around now" he said calmly. I looked at him with starry eyes. He looked much better then before. I smiled.

He looks like he does in the final season

"There we go, much better. " I smiled and gave him a thumbs up. He looked at me questioningly. I laughed. "I knew you would look good like a actual human." He hissed at me. I still laughed and patted his head. "You know it's not a bad thing." He looked at me with a shocked expression. I smiled and picked up the remote and opened the door. "See you tomorrow!" i said cheerfully and closed the door gently behind me. I couldn't stop smiling as I skipped my way home. Until I heard a loud roar that came from a distance. Acnologia. Looks like his father really does care.