Wattpad Original
There are 7 more free parts

4.

- I was in the darkness for so long that it was only a matter of time before I became it

Everest

Confession: I think the scariest part now is that I'm not afraid to die.

"I never thought the day would come that THE Everest Finley is asking for my services," he rasped out a deep chuckle before taking another hit from his blunt.

I honestly thought I would never come here. I dreamt of me dying and never having to accept the reality of the world. But here I am buying weed and beer, to allow me to sit in this dirty basement and forget about everything.

Mikey Cosweld, school stoner and low life, allows people to chill in his basement. The Basement was full of stoners and drinkers. You enter through the garage because his grandpap has the late shift and needs to rest.

You smoke and drink, maybe even pop a few pills. But you never talk about your problems, this isn't a shrink's office.

I handed him a fifty-dollar bill and grabbed the brown paper bag, the paper bag that holds the key to my oblivion.

"Whoa dude, what's with the scars on your arm," some guy from behind me asked.

"I... my... I have a crazy cat," I lied, feeling really uncomfortable.

Mikey eyed me, his eyes full of knowing.

"I want a cat, hahaha so cute and fat," some girl with purple hair giggled on the old ratted couch, she continued to laugh and I struggled to see what was so funny.

"I can cover that up," Mikey nodded towards my wrist.

He must have read my confused facial expression because he lifted his sleeve to reveal a new set of sleeves—one that is obtained in ink.

I looked back at him and he shrugged. "I had a cat too."

After a few hits from my blunt and a bottle of beer later, I looked like a different person.

My left arm was covered in ink, a sleeve design that was so intricate. I couldn't believe he did such a badass job, even though he was buzzed.

The girl with purple hair, whose name I later learned is Aurora, dyed my hair from its sandy brown color to the darkest level of black.

The next morning when I looked in the mirror, I later learned that I had gotten gauges. Wow, I don't remember this happening at all. I couldn't remember too much about what happened in The Basement, and I honestly didn't care.

There wasn't too much I cared about anymore.

After getting ready for the day, I treaded down the stairs and was met with my mom and sister sitting at the large mahogany dining room table.

"Good morning Everest," Susan, Hadley's nanny, greeted me with a wary smile.

Hadley looked up from her breakfast and glanced at me, before quickly glancing back down and chewing on her toast like it was the most interesting thing in the world. My mother gasped. "What have you done?"

I was out all night and she didn't even care to know where I was at.

No calls.

No text.

Some people may find it weird that I wanted my mom to call me, but it just shows that she would care if I were gone. She hasn't made eye contact with me since before my attempt and avoids me at all costs. This is the first time she is actually acknowledging me, and it's to scold me on my appearance.

I ignored her and grabbed an apple from off the dining table.

"Why would you do that to yourself? You look like some punk garbage. How will you go out in public now? Matter of fact, you will go nowhere until I call Dr. Marinzel."

Her plastic surgeon? No

"Your plastic surgeon? Fuck no," I laughed in response, as she let out another gasp.

I never cursed before, I felt that notion was completely unnecessary, but this is the time for changes, and I'm loving every bit of it.

"The way you're acting is like a person who doesn't belong in this family," Susan chimed in quietly.

I don't remember anyone asking for her opinion.

I grabbed my hoodie and walked towards the front door.

"Where are you going?!" My mother screeched.

"To another place I don't belong," I answered, shutting the door behind me.