Drop The Charges - Hawaii Five 0

This is going to suck

Steve McGarret never thought he will be a father.
He was uncle - having Grace at his side and he really loved her. He was always super protective of her, maybe even more than Danny.
But when Steve saw this little girl named Abby on the murder scene his heart clenched.
They found her tied to a chair, next to a dead man.
When they went to register her they found out she doesn't have a family but also she isn't registered in any of the orphanages.
Steve's heart was breaking every time he had to interrogate her. She was terrified every time she remembered what she saw. How that man was murdered.

When the case was finished, she didn't have a place to go.
Steve brought her to Kamekona's to eat and thank her for helping them.
When Steve asked her
"What now?" she said
"I'm gonna go back to the streets. That's where I belong to" she smiles softly and Steve sighs
"You don't. You need to have a place to live. You don't deserve to be on streets kid"
"But I am. I was for years. I will be fine"
"What if I don't let you go?" Steve questions
"Huh? What if I don't let you go there? What if I take you with me? What will you do?"
The girl felt tears forming in her eyes. She never thought somebody wanted her.
"Y-You don't need a strain"
"Who said that?"
"W-Why would you want me? T-There are bunch of kids better than me"
"Because... You remind me of a little boy named Steve who never really had parents to look after him. I know how much it sucks not to have anybody with you when it's hard. I... I love you kiddo. I just don't want anybody to hurt you"
Abby was crying. Steve picks her up and holds her in his embrace. His hands are holding her small body tightly close to his chest
"Don't cry kiddo. Don't cry" he shushes her
"Y-You really T-think I'm worth of it?"
"Yes kiddo. Yes. Million times yes"
She raised her tiny head, her eyes locked on his smiling face
"I-I love you"
"I love you too munchkin" he kisses her head softly and she burries it in crook of Steve's neck.

But when Steve gets arrested, everything goes around.
Steve was set for murders and multiple other crimes that would get his trial longer, no matter the fact that he didn't do any of those.
When CIA broke into five-o headquarters and arrested him, only thing he said to Danny was
"Take care of Abby" before he was forcefully dragged out of the room.
Danny didn't have time to think. He had kids to take care of.
Abby was going to school, along with Charlie and Grace. They were best friends.
Abby was an great student, she was very smart and tricky. She would often trick the team, especially Steve.
She was a quiet kid around unknown faces. She was always hiding behind her dad when it was a danger situation. She was always trying to be with him. Around him she finally felt safe. She felt like she belongs there, next to him. She loves him with her entire being.

It's usually Steve and Danny waiting to pick them up but this time it was different. Danny sees Grace holding Charlie and Abby for their hands. When Charlie sees Danny, he runs and Danny opens his arms wide
"Hey big boy!"
"Danno!" he jumps into Danny's arms and he picks him up. Abby and Grace approach
"Well hello young ladies" he smiles and kisses Grace and crouches down to Abby and hugs her
"Where's dad, uncle Danno?"
Oops. Danny didn't prepare an answer for this one
"Oh, well um your dad had to go for a while but he will come back. He asked me to take care of you. You okay with that?" she nods softly and they get in the car.

While Charlie and Abby were doing their homework, Grace sat to talk with Danny
"Danno"
"Yes monkey?"
"Where is uncle Steve?"
Danny sighs
"I told you monkey"
"Danno I know when you're lying"
"Okay okay. Steve got arrested for things he never did in his life. He will be charged in a few days and I'm working out a way to get him out. But it won't go that easy since Steve singed papers that removes me from the case. I saw the fake papers that said that I have been with him while he did those imaginary things so his dumb ass protected me from going with him"
"He wanted to leave you with her"
"I know I know. I will have to visit him before the trial, in a few days. Now I need to do some work. I don't know what to do first"
"Take it easy Danno, go. I will take care of them" Grace smiles and Danny kisses her forehead
"Kamekona and Adam will come by to bring you guys some food. Love you"