chapter 11(updooted)

//sorry it's half of Eurydice's journal entries because I use that basically as a time skip because writers block is a pain in the ass. Also it's late at night and I went home sick. I'm sorry it so short Also here is hcs from my tumblr

EDIT: the story isn't edited, it's my bottom part

I'm sorry, dear reader, most of Eurydice's time with Orpheus' kin is cut out. Oh? Who am I? The narrator from the prologue of this tale. I assume you have forgotten me. I assure you, I am very important later and I do not want  you to forget about me. I've already been introduced in the story, but I haven't said much.  But, let's carry on, shall we. All we have are diary entries to catch us up

••••••

Day 27, Spring, Year 2

I'm sorry, I've gotten really lazy with the dates.

Basically.... nothing bad has happened. I crave the need of adventure (ooh fancy words), but I'm starting to like this routine.

Linus has been acting weird ever since I told him what has been happening. Why do I tell everyone everything? I just end up getting hurt? Maybe that the stress on my chest that slowly gets relieved with each story I tell of myself? But I barely know these people!

I felt like I was too abrupt.

Oh well.

Day 29, Spring, Year 2

I had another nightmare last night. It's the first one in...months.

The voices of Hadestown came back. If I'm being honest, I want to go back. Not to work, but to lead the revolution. I also feel bad that I left them.

All I heard was Low. Keep your head low. Oh you gotta keep your head low. If you wanna keep your head. The noise was incessant. Then I saw the workers surround me and started assaulting me.

I just woke up. It's late at night. I heard something at the door. I'm going to get some water because I'm parched (another big word!) . I'll also check out the noise.

Be right back.

••••

Eurydice marched down the hall. Her throat was itchy and her voice was very hoarse. Her whole face dropped to the floor with drowsiness. Her stomach felt empty and numb.

Eurydice wore the same pajamas as that she wore the night she came. The silk felt just a fresh to the touch as it did before. She still hadn't gotten used to the lightness of the fabric.

She was walking down the hall when she heard multiple voices. The only one she recognized from the four siblings was Linus's voice. The two others were strangers.

But they weren't strangers. She knew one of the voices and couldn't recognize the other. She knew the owner of one of the voices for sure. She knew because she had heard it a million times.

Orpheus.

She snuck down the hall to look through the window. She was right. It was Orpheus and his new inamorata.

"Linus, you sneaky bastard." Eurydice said under her breath. Eurydice felt betrayed but not surprised. She knew something was off about him. Eurydice knew she should have never let down her walls for someone she had just met. Why did she tell him? What stupid part of her thought that was a good idea?

She needed to do something and she needed to do something quick. He couldn't know that she was alive. Eurydice knew what the consequences might be if he found out.