Roy Harper x OC Reader

Requested by RavynTackett

(We're gonna say that this is about two years before YJ S2 before his want to find Arsenal starts)

She was finally coming home. After two weeks on an undercover mission in Japan with Miss Martian, Batgirl, Beast Boy, Kid Flash, Wonder girl, and Robin, Raven Lance a.k.a Scream, the daughter of Dinah Lance was finally coming back to Starling. And she was beyond relived. The mission was an intense one, She, Wally, and M'gann were in charge of the mission, being senior members of the team and all. Gar barley made it out alive, he's recovering from his battle with some mob bosses who injured his left rib cage. She was the one who managed to get him back to safety after they were arrested. The ship ride home was the most antsy part of the entire time. Wally was listening to music and racing around the ship, trying to get himself tried so he could finally sleep, he had been up for almost 38 hours so she couldn't blame him.

 M'gann was flying the ship and checking on her little brother every chance she got. Tim and Cassie had fallen asleep on each other, it was pretty adorable. Barbara was knocked out right next to Gar. And Raven was just thinking. About everyone back home. Especially a certain boy in particular, by the name of Roy Harper. Her father's former protegee's and her best friend. They had been inseparable since Oliver first introduced them. And over time she began to see more than just Punk ass sarcastic Roy Harper with the temper of two Superboys. By the time New Years hit she had realized her feelings entirely. But before she could say anything he was in so much anguish that she decided to just be there for him instead and take the safe route. 

"Hey, Rave what are ya doing?" Wally asked as he slid into the seat next to her. "Thinking" she responded simply. He gave a sly smirk that only Wally West could pull of. "About...a certain some one whose name rhymes with Soy Marker?". "Soy Marker? Really that's the best name you could've came up with?". "Would you rather me say his actual name?...Roy Harper" he whispered. She blushed and looked back at the window. "Oh, go back to running around" she smiled. "Ha, you love him!" Wally declared and ran away. "LIKE AND LOVE ARE DIFFERENT THINGS WALLY WEST". Tim and Cassie looked at Raven with a "really you know that is not true" look. "Oh the two of you cannot give me mess for that, I see the way the two of you look at each other". Cassie turned five shades of red while Tim gave her an attempt Bat-glare. "Timmy, I love you but leave it to the professionals". He gave a pout and sank back down in his seat.   

M'gann looked at her with a smirk. "Miss M don't" she sighed tucking her golden brown hair behind her ears. As the bio-ship cruised the skies in auto-pilot she walked over to Raven. Her Amber eyes met Raven's Ocean Blue ones. "I think it's time" she said simply. "M'gann-". "No, you're stubborn as all heck when it comes to this subject". Raven wanted to argue with her but just sighed and listened. "We aren't 16 anymore-". "M'gann you were never-". "Let me finish". Rave gave a nod. "If you think/or know that this is what you want to be with Roy, go for it". "M'gann I think this is a bit much for just a silly crush". She pressed her lips together. "I'm just saying know what you're doing before". Raven bit her lip. M'gann was talking about Conner. Realizing that she didn't want to argue with M'gann she placed her hand on hers. "I will, don't worry". Miss M gave her a hug. 

Raven woke up to a bumpy landing right outside the mountain. Stretching she watched at they rolled Gar off of the bio-ship. Cassie flew off of the ship and into an embrace with Wonder Woman who had a giant smile on her face. Tim was reporting the mission while Babs nodded along, to Dick and he looked proud at his little brother. Wally collapsed into Artemis' arms. Arty noticed her and bolted to her. Leaving Wally aghast and in mock shock, but he was to tired to act on it. She scooped her up. "Hey Arty, where's mom?". "She's inside with Oliver and Roy". Raven's eyes went wide. "R-Roy's here?". "Yeah, that bum we finally managed to get him out of his cave" she chuckled. She gave a small smile as Wally gave her the eyes. "Wallace West" Artemis scowled. "What? It's not my fault that her crush is here". "Wally I can scream one tiny scream and send you all the way to Gotham". 

Raven walked into the mountain. Dinah saw her daughter and her expression lit up. "Raven" she smiled. "Hi Mama" she smiled as she wrapped her arms around her. Oliver walked over. "Hey kiddo". "Hey Old man" he gave her a playful glare before enveloping her. Roy peaked his head from the side. "Hey Rave" he smiled. "Hey, Punk" she smiled back. Oliver looked in between them. Dinah pulled him away before he processed things. "How was the mission?" he asked. "Good good". She was thinking about M'gann's words. She had to tell him. "Why the awkward tension?" he asked. "What are you talking about, Harper? You're the one not saying mess". He shook his head. "You wanna get out of here?". "Yeah sure the jet lag should wear off while we go where ever".

Soon they were on his motorcycle on their way to the park. When they reached it, they walked to their spot. "...and then I argued on the matter for two hours". "Wow I didn't know Z was that passionate on element bending". "Me either". They laughed sat on a bench. "I missed you Lance". "The feeling's mutual Harper". His expression then turned serious. "We should always do this". "Yeah I agree, it's...nice" she blushed. He grabbed her hand. "Raven" he looked into her blue eyes. Her heart beat increased. "I-I've been thinking, we've known each other forever and well, honestly". He began stammering. "Roy, I've been thinking also, for a long time actually". His face melted into a smile. "So are we?". "If you want it to be?". "I would very much". He leaned in and kissed her. "Oh and you're telling my mom". "I-"