ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ ᴏɴᴇ

The cold and bitter wind brushed against your body. You continued to walk through the dark, yet bright night. You had buried yourself underneath multiple layers, with only your nose and your eyes visible, preventing yourself from a chance of getting frostbite.

    With the snowflakes touching you, you then looked up at the sky and sighed. The clouds were dark and there seemed to be no clearing which meant the snow wouldn't stop anytime soon.

    Shivering, you opened the door to a little convenience store. The bell chimed, indicating there was someone who either had exited or entered. In your case, entering. You took off your hat, gloves and scarf then looked at the cash register.

    There sat a man with soft, fluffy, steal grey hair. His hair wasn't the old, aging type, but rather his hair was dyed that color.

    He mumbled an, "Annyeonghaseyo." While looking down at his textbooks. His voice was rather tired but still had a soft, welcoming, high tone.

You smiled back, "Annyeonghaseyo." The man looked up from his textbooks then at you.

His face was rather young, round, and chubby when you looked at him from a front angle, but a nice sharp jaw line from the side view was visible. The grey hair was rather messy but it made him look adorable with it. His face was bare, showing some acne scars and a small mole on his left cheek. He had thick, plump lips with a pink tint. His eyes were in a downturned shape, mud-brown, and they had slightly dark bags underneath showing he was very tired. Although, it was vaguely hidden from his silver spectacles. But behind his round glasses and under the tired eyes, held a man with a cute and bubbly personality.

    "Oh! Annyeong, Y/N." He chuckled then quickly ran his ran through his hair.

     You walked around the small store getting snacks and drinks. As you did you sparked up a conversation, "Aish, you work yourself to much Jimin." You opened the glass fridge and grabbed an energy drink. Jimin shook his head and turned his attention back to his textbook, "I'm just like you, I want to pass above everyone in our class." He softly  laughed.

      Just as you were about to respond, there was another chime of the door. You didn't bother to turn around, as your back was facing the new person. Jimin greeted them.

When you did turn around, there stood a tall man with a thin waist. He was in black from head to toe except of course, the dusting of melting snow that was on his shoulders and head. He had covered his face with a black mask. He even had a black baseball cap on. No one could make out his eyes, due to the fact he was hiding them. The new man had ignored Jimin and kept his head low.

Jimin turned back to his textbooks and shrugged. As you reached up to get a box of ramen noodles, the man walked past you, his shoulder barely brushing against your back. After grabbing the box, you look back, over to him. He mumbled in a soft and raspy tone, "I'm sorry." It sounded as though he was losing his voice. You slightly nod then walk around more.

While grabbing another item, you hadn't realized it, but he was on the other isle. His eyes had caught yours through the shelf. His eyes were bloodshot eyes as though he'd been crying. They gave an unbending look. You gently licked your parched and chapped lips then gave him a gentle and small smile.

The man's expression had changed. Instead of being stern like before, they seemed to be kind and soft. Subconsciously, you stared and admired his coffee, brown, doe eyes.

He quickly looked away, breaking the eye contact. You blinked twice then looked beside you. You started to gather the rest of the things you needed.

The five minutes you spent in that store had seemed like an hour, quite frankly. You walked up the the cash register where Jimin sat, doing his homework. Jimin looked at you then the items and began to scan them.

"So, have you completed the assignment for Mr. Lee's class?" Jimin spoke while scanning the things.

The man in all black looked at Jimin until his attention was turned to you when you spoke in an all to familiar voice to him. "Almost, I still have to email him the link but before I do that, I want to proof read again just incase I messed up something."

"Heh, and you complain about me overworking myself." Jimin teased. "Hey, that's different." You smiled. Jimin playfully rolled his eyes.

When seeing your smile, the man dressed in black had raised both of his eyebrows just a bit and parted his lips, only to a certain extent.

After handing you the plastic bag of your purchased items, you flashed a smile yet again. "Goodnight Jimin-Pabo~," you teased. "Yah! Stop picking up Taehyung's lines." He scoffed.

The other guy had been listening in on your conversation with the man at the counter. He continued to walk, as he made sure he caught every word of it.

Jimin reached behind him and grabbed an energy shot then handed it to you. You raised your eyebrows, "I've already got energy drinks Pabo~"

"I know, I know, just use it whenever your in absolute need of an energy boost, which might be soon, due to exams. And I won't make you pay for it." He spoke with a soothing and caring tone. "Thank you Jimin." You slightly bowed your head.

The man in black had frowned a bit at what he said. The boy named "Jimin" seemed to care about her which made the other man somewhat jealous.

"No need to bow Y/N, it's what good friends do." He smiled.

He had widened his eyes, only a little when hearing your name, 'I-isn't t-that Y/M/N's middle name...? She looks awfully familiar..." He thought while furrowing his eyebrows.

As you walked to the door, you gave him a small wave, "Night Jiminie."

You then pulled your scarf to your mouth, placed your hat on your head, and put on your soft and warm gloves, you then walked out into the blistering cold weather.

The man in black quickly payed for his things. He rushed out of the place, ignoring Jimin saying goodnight to him. He looked for you but unfortunately, could not find you because you had already disappeared into the night. He sighed then started to walk back to his home.

When reaching home, he put the bags on the kitchen counter then sat his all-black gun and blood-stained knife beside the bags. He stripped of his coat, scarf, mouth mask, hat, and gloves. He put everything away then sighed yet again when thinking about you. After grabbing the knife and the gun, he walked to his messy bedroom then sat on the edge of his bed and stared out the window, where the snowing was falling fiercely to the ground.

"That can't be Y/M/N... right..?"

——
{Unedited}

Sooo, how do you guys like Chapter One?! I'm excited for this story honestly and I hope you are too!!

💜💜