Prologue

Warning: Cursing

-

"Darryl and I almost kissed yesterday."

"Oh?" Vincent looked up, his best friend sitting down beside him and fished out his homework from his backpack. It was a Monday morning, and he already got his heart aching. He gives a playful  punch and a smile. "I'm not surprised to hear that. When and where?"

Zak shrugged, his cheeks burning. He whispered to his friend, but he felt like he was about to burst. "Well, we went home late because we hung out at a convenience store, so I walked him home." He looked at Vincent, who was blankly staring at him. "We held hands."

Vincent scoffed. "Jeez, you just held hands. How much of a big deal is it?" 

Before he knew it, Zak took a hold of his left hand. He jumped and yanked his hand away, but Zak held on. "What the hell, dude!" His face went red.

"You see, it's cool when we hold hands. It's okay 'cause we're friends right?"

No, it's not. It's really fucking not. 

"But with Darryl," Zak stared at their hands, unconsciously rubbing Vincent's hand with his thumb. "It feels like I was meant to hold his. I was meant to hold him! And I'm pretty sure he feels it too, you know? But I really think that I'm making shit up as well dude! Like, some crazy infatuation or something."

Zak continues to talk more about Darryl, as their hands slowly drift apart. Last week, Darryl also had a chat with Vincent about their other friend - how he was so cute, and so cheery. They were meant for each other, and Vincent knew. Oh, Vincent really knew.

Not only was he just those things, Vincent thought, but his eyes also sparkled whenever he talked about his goals, how great it was to hug him, and how good he looked whenever he wore his favorite sky-blue hoodie. 

He admired his friend - loved him, if Vincent would go that far. And as he thinks lovingly about his friend, it didn't take so long for him to realize that Darryl also shared the same ideas. He put two and two together, and voila. 

"Vincent?" Zak called out. "Well, what do you think?"

The french student blinked a few times. "About what?"

"Well, about me and Darryl."

Vincent gave his friend another smile. 

"Don't get your hopes up, Zak. Now, you need help with homework?"

-

Yes, hello. It is I!

I'll give you this for now, hence I haven't finished chapter three yet.

Why, you ask? 

It is because I procrastinated and became insensitive of your feelings and decided to be selfish, so now I regret my decisions and I am now working again. 

That is all for now, 

- Kahel.