01 - Unnecessary Noise.

Warning: More cursing :')

-

"Monday. Stupid Monday!"

"Quit your whining Zak, we're only one class in. Can't you control yourself?" Darryl held on his bag tighter as the three of them pass through the cramped hallway. "I have English next. See you muffins later." 

Vincent waved goodbye as well and went to his class, which was French. He looked back, seeing Zak taking a sight of him, sticking out his tongue before entering a different classroom. Vincent's smiled glowed until he entered and sat on his seat. 

Yet again, the teacher was late. It didn't take long for him to doze off. 

-

"You're a cheat, Vince." Zak eats his burger while glaring at his friend. 

The transferee shrugged and ate his fries. "What do you mean?"

"An A in french? Wow, you must have studied well." Darryl added sarcastically. He took out a tupperware and opened it, handing out muffins to each of his friends. "But thanks for tutoring me."

"What about you?" Vincent points his direction to Zak. "You got a test today as well, right?"

Zak rolled his eyes and sighed. "I got a... minus." 

"What?" 

"I said I got a C fucking minus, okay?" He slammed his food back on the plate, and leaned back. "I thought the test was on Thursday. Like, who gives tests on a Tuesday? Really? After Monday?"

Darryl and Vincent looked at each other and snorted. "Yeah right, you muffin. You knew and you didn't care. You should've came with me and Vincent!"

And Zak looks at Vincent. He holds a warm smile. "You're right. I should have."

He felt his chest grow warm and his cheeks redden. Yet he still remained eye contact with him.

"Zak,"

"Heyureux."

-

"What the fuck?"

"Heyur...eyux?"

Vincent squinted and stretched, looking at his right only to see someone pronouncing French words poorly. What a Monday, he thought. First a heartbreak, and now his French brain cells slowly disintegrating. He props himself with his left hand. 

"What are you doing?"

The stranger sighs and turns his head towards Vincent. George was supposed to be right beside him, instead there was this dirty-blond haired guy who wore glasses thinner than his. He sighs deeply first before speaking. "I'm trying to pronounce"Happy" in french."

And he goes back to his own business again, saying "Happy" in ways Vincent did not want to hear. 

Give me a fucking break. He sighs. "Heureux."

"W-what?" The other stutters out. 

Vincent scoots closer to him and writes on his notebook, "Hoowuh hoowuh".

"You pronounce it like that, Heureux." And the other teen repeated after him. Vincent nodded slightly. "There you go."

"Thanks, man." 

"Whatever."

The teacher came in, and class started. 

Ten minutes in and he had already filled a page with doodles, back to back. Vincent had been contemplating about leaving school, and just do what he wanted. He barely gave any attention to the teachers - and it seemed like the other guy didn't as well. He lays his head on his crossed arms and calls out to his seat mate. "Psst."

He stops his writing and looks at Vincent. The stranger gives him a questioning look and tapped his pencil on the desk. "Do you need help?" He whispered.

Vincent swayed his head. "What are you doing?"

"Oh." He says. "I'm making something."

The boy stops himself and places his pencil down, curious to what Vincent would say to him next. "You have an accent."

"Well yeah, I'm french." 

He bit his lip and nodded, forgetting about the "Heureux" incident. "Sorry that was a stupid question, I forget a fuck ton of things -"

"Ahem!" The teacher cuts him, glaring at the boys before continuing. 

"- like being noisy in class." He whispered. Vincent raised his brows and sat up properly. He turned again, hoping to talk more, but it seemed like he was already jotting down all sorts of things. 

Vincent crosses his arms once more and laid his head on the desk, and slept.

-

School in America is pretty different from where I live,

 so I will take a further look about their School System.

Chapters will lengthen as time goes by,

- Kahel.