2; Beginnings

it was now the first day of school and Anne was hurrying around her room like a busy-bee trying to find the perfect outfit for first impressions while also making sure that she had everything she needed for school.

with a huff, Anne picked up her phone, quickly dialing Diana's number.

"hey shirley! what's up?" Diana asks through the phone.
"Di! I need help. what should I wear to school?" I question hurriedly.

"how about the outfit you wore the day we met?" Diana suggests with a shrug that Anne can't see.
"ok. thanks Di! see ya soon!" I hung up and raced to my closet to find the outfit, almost tripping over an empty box on the way. A loud thud as the box tipped over could be heard around the house.

"Anne! What was that crash?  breakfast is ready! come downstairs and eat

"Anne! What was that crash?  breakfast is ready! come downstairs and eat." Marilla calls from the kitchen. downstairs, I can hear Matthew washing his hands and Marilla serving the eggs. I woke up late again.

changing quickly, I ran downstairs only to be met with a voice I didn't recognise. it was a boy, around my age; he seemed vaguely familiar but I couldn't quite place him.
"would you like to stay for breakfast? we wouldn't mind." Marilla says.
"oh.. um, thanks for the offer but I ought to get going. I don't want to intrude." the boy replies.

who is he? I think to myself as I catch a glimpse of his dark brown curls and hazel eyes.
who, who, who?

he catches my eye and smiles at me before leaving.
I finish my breakfast quickly so I can catch up to Diana and walk to school with her.

~time skip~

As we walked through the flock of kids towards the office for our official schedules, we heard talk of a boy finally coming back after 2 years of being gone. Apparently, he was quite the lady charmer and gentleman. Known for his good looks.

"Anne, come on! If we stop, we'll never make it to the office." Diana said in a hurry, grabbing my hand in hers as she dragged me through the crowded hallway. I hadn't even realized that I had stopped walking.
I guess I wad too consumed in my recent thoughts of a curly hairs brunette with hazel eyes.
Finally, we made it to the office.

"Why hello Diana! Nice to meet you officially, Anne. How can I help you?" Mrs. Wesley (the principal) asked, looking from Diana to me and back to Diana.
"We came to grab out schedules." Diana replies with a polite and innocent smile. Mrs. Wesley smiled politely and turned around into the back office.

I took the time to look around the abnormally large office, astounded by the amount of books cluttering a small desk near a wall.
"Anne.. Are you okay?" Diana asks me with a quizzical look. "You look shaken."
Diana's words barely register in my brain, but I still manage to shake myself awake anyway.
"I'm okay." I say with a reassuring smile. Diana nods hesitantly, but then the principal comes back out of the back room with our respective schedules and hands them to us. we hear the first bell ring, telling us school is starting, and we quickly check our schedules.