Blushes and eyes

"Are...Are you blushing?" Merlin questions, jogging slightly to catch up with Arthurs swift pace.

The blush on Arthurs face deepens, and he turns his head to hide it.

"No, Merlin, don't be an idiot" Arthur chides, aware of the people watching. The two men are speed walking through the lower town, heading back from Gwen's house. Merlin had just been to get his measurements done, on Arthurs insistence.

"You are! Did I get the brave, handsome and ever-stoick Arthur Pendragon to Blush?" Merlin exclaims, pulling to a halt in front of the King. Arthur tries to swerve, but Merlin simply steps in the way.

Heaving a loud sigh, Arthur raises his pink face to meet his manservants.

"I am the King Merlin, I don't have to answer to the likes of you" Arthur snaps.

Merlin looks slightly taken back at the harsh response, before a large smile to spread over his face.

"I did!" Merlin squeals, "I made Arthur Pendragon blush!" The childish joy that overcomes merlins face almost makes Arthur melt on the spot, but fortunately - or unfortunately - Merlin is currently nearly shouting and its drawing the attention of the locals. Reaction on instinct Arthur slams a gloved hand over Merlin's mouth - smothering his complaints and exclamations _ and trying to look inconspicuous and innocent at the same time.

He fails massively.

The locals - accustomed to the duos childish behaviour - simply shake their heads with a laugh and continue on their way. Once the attention had dwindled, Arthur finally releases Merlin from the half-headlock he was bent into.

Merlin stands up - rubbing the back of his neck - and glares at Arthur.

"Was that necessary, you prat?"

Arthur simply smirks and reaches out to ruffle merlins hair. Merlin's reaction comes a second too late and soon he's swatting at Arthurs hand, blowing the locks out of his twinkling eyes. The look reflects the look he gave Arthur at Gwens, and soon the blush is back in full force. He quickly bows his head at the feeling of the heat and he notices Merlin frowning at him.

"Arthur?" Merlin calls, but he's promptly ignored. "Arthur - you dollop-head - are you okay?"

Arthur turns down an empty side street, stopping a few paces down. He turns to meet Merlins worried gaze.

"Look, Merlin. Gwen's making you some lovely clothes but you're just going to mess them up. I'm not sure if this is a good idea-"

"oh" Merlin interrupts, recognition flooding his features. 

Arthur stops.

"You don't think ill like them, do you?" merlin asks, knowing that he had hit the nail right on the head when Arthur winces slightly.

"Arthur you cabbage-head, of corse ill like them! They will probably be the comfiest most stylish clothes ill ever own!" 

Arthur relaxes at this, raising his head to meet Merlins gaze.

"Well, can't have my advisor walking around in those rags, can I?" Arthur states.

Merlins shocked face provided him with months of humour.

A/N Please vote if you like! Thanks!