Dragons and Promises

This includes an original character who is Merlin's twin.

"Young warlock" Merlin slows to a stop by the door, closing his eyes momentarily in defeat as he turns to face the large reptile.

" It was some time ago you promised to set me free. The help I give is not unconditional"

Merlin nods his head in defeat - seemingly closing the conversation - when the dragons deep voice rings out.

"You won't be the one who has to pay for your insubordination, young warlock." The dragon warns, turning his back to the confused sorcerer. Spreading his wings, he takes the precaution of covering Rose from sight - but the girl just continues to lounge around on a rock.

"What do you mean?" Merlin demands, turning to fully face the scales beast.

The dragon chuckles, allowing Rose to get a firm hold around his neck before taking off to Merlin's indignant spluttering.

They perch on a ledge high up, watching as Merlin mutters a few curses that echo loudly before turning to leave. They wait until the footsteps fade before Killgarrah speaks.

"Do you think he will do it?"

"He would do anything for that boy. I bet you two pints of ale you will be freed next time"

Silence.

"He really loves that boy"

"Like two sides of a coin" Killgarrah responds, the two of them sharing a secretive glance before bursting into laughter.

Those two idiots are so oblivious.