Chapter 13~★

Hyojin plonked herself into the front seat of Jungkook's car which was parked outside of the gate this time, not even sparing a glance at the male

Jungkook began driving, an obvious smirk wanting so badly to reveal itself. "So, how was school?"

Hyojin's tongue ran over her bottom lip and poked the inside of her cheek. "Great," she stated bluntly. "Apart from the fact that, y'know, I got teased the hell out of for having a non-existent butt rash," she spoke through gritted teeth, clearly unamused.

Jungkook stifled a laugh, his eyes trained on the road. "Aw c'mon, that's what high school kids do. Don't be such a whiny baby about it."

"Shut up, I am not a whiny baby!" She snapped, folding her arms with a huff. "Take me to my grandparents," she demanded.

"Woah, no, no, no. You're meeting Namjoon now, remember?" He queried, glancing over at her when he was stopped in traffic.

"I'm not meeting him until I see my grandparents and that's that. I haven't saw them in ages, so they probably think I'm dead!" She exaggerated, keeping her arms folded. "They live in that retirement home just on the outskirts of the city. It's only a few minutes away from Bighit Labs anyways, and I won't take long, so take me."

Jungkook puffed out his cheeks and sighed with exasperation. "You little shit..." He muttered under his breath, taking a sharp right when the traffic lights turned green. "Why your grandparents? Your mom sounded pretty angry on the phone yesterday, shouldn't you go and see her first? Or your dad or something?" He queried.

Hyojin felt a pang in her chest at the mention of her parents. "No," she responded bluntly. "They're not worried. They're probably relieved that I might be dead," she mumbled, sinking lower in the leather seat.

"How come?"

She waited a while, before letting out a dry chuckle to break the silence. "I was obviously an accident."

Jungkook's face broke from its stoic expression to somewhat of a surprised one. He didn't expect her to admit that to him.

"I mean...they act like I'm a concrete block tied to their feet, always dragging them down and whatever. They act as if I only exist to be a pain in their ass," Hyojin folded her arms across her chest, staring straight forward. "They'd leave me to fend for myself, but something's stopping them," her voice got quieter and quieter. "The law against child neglect, I'm guessing," she muttered.

Jungkook's hardened gaze became a little more gentle when he pulled into the parking lot of the retirement home.

The car stopped, and they both undid their seatbelts.

Hyojin looked over at him, furrowing her eyebrows. "Where are you going?"

"I'm coming in with you," he announced, stepping out of the car.