Part Sixty One

I waited for Blaine to call while I laid in bed, but it didn't come before my eyes got heavy and I started drifting off. 

My phone rang and I jumped.  "Blaine?" I answered it.

"I needed to hear your voice." He sounds upset. 

"What's wrong?" I asked.

"I'm fine, how is my girl?" He asked.

"Good, I finally told Eli about the baby.  Oh, and I got your package." I said.

"Good, how did Eli take the news?" He asked.

"He's excited about being an uncle, but he's pissed at Gray.  The whole Lisa thing has him angry." I said.

"How are you feeling?" He asked.

"Better, it seems like everyday gets a little better, but I tire easily.  How was your day?" I asked.

"I've had better, but I don't want to talk about me. Tell me about the house." He said.

"Well, I have the kitchen done, the house is clean from top to bottom, and the furniture will be delivered tomorrow, I said.

"Good, it sounds like its really coming together.  I'm leaving in the morning for New York and plan to be there on Saturday, if everything works out right." He said.

"What's wrong, Blaine?  You don't sound like yourself." I asked.

"I just wish I was there with you and away from Seattle right now." He said.

"Why, what happened?"

"I don't want to talk about it, I just want to hear your voice." He said.

Something bad must have happened today.

"Okay, what do you want me to talk about?" I asked.

"Tell me what it's going to be like after we are married." He said.

"Well, you're going to take me on an amazing honeymoon." I teased.

"Okay, then what will it be like after that?" He asked.

Really?  He's taking me on a honeymoon?  I thought he already took off work too much.

"Alright, well, we will go to New York, and of course you have to go back to work.  Will and I will get things ready for the baby during the day, then at night, I'll let you blow my mind away with that amazing body of yours." He took in a sharp breath.

"I can't wait." He said.

"I will do everything I can to make Will feel at home and loved.  Then in July, you will hold my hand and help me bring this baby into this world, but we won't be done.  My brother and I are close in age, so I think we should try for another one right away.  That means lots and lots of amazing sex." I said, and he chuckled. 

"That's a deal." He said.

"Then, when you come home from work, we will all be waiting for you. We will have lots of diaper changing to do by that time, and wish we could escape together for one quiet night." I said.

"I'll take it, even the diapers." He laughed a little. "When is this going to happen?  What kind of wedding do you want?" He asked.

"Something simple and low key.  Nothing extravagant, but the honeymoon will be the bomb." I said.

He laughed.  "The bomb?"

"Yes, we will leave all our troubles behind." I said.

"I need that right now." He said.

"Blaine, please talk to me." I said.

"I will when I get there, you don't need the stress, and you'll just worry." He said.

"Is it about Cassidy?" I asked.

"Actually, no, I'll have Will with me when I come.  I'm filing for guardianship as soon as possible." He said.

"Oh, okay, I'll run out and get another bed for one of the spare rooms." I said.

"I have your address, so I'll have one delivered along with some bedding." He said.

"Are you sure?" I asked.

"Of course, it's not a hard task." He said.

"Okay, but I could pay for it." I said.

"No, speaking of that, when are you resigning?"

"I wanted to talk to you about that. I want to give them notice and work a few more weeks." I said, and he paused.

"That's probably a good idea.  It'll take your mind off everything that's happened.  It's up to you when you resign, I mean, its your career, so you can work if you want." He said.

"You don't want me home with the kids?" I asked.

"Of course I do, if that's what you want. I don't expect you to give up your career, but if you do, I would be glad. I plan to work less and hire extra help, so don't make any sacrifices because you think it'll make me happy." He said.  

I sighed.  "I love you, Blaine.  I just want you here soon."

"I'll try my best to be there Saturday." He said.

"I hope so, but if you need more time with your parents, take it. They may need you more than ever now.  Mom received her ashes when we were in Seattle." I said, and he took a deep breath.

"Okay, I'll talk with my parents to see what they want done with them.  I'm serious when I said I don't want you stressing about my sister anymore." He said. 

"I know, and I really am trying to focus on the new house and getting enough rest for the baby.  Eli took Cassidy's phone to look through it so I wouldn't be tempted." I said.

"Good, he did the right thing. It's late there, and I better let you get some sleep." He said.

"Okay, I'll talk to you tomorrow?" I asked.

"Yes, I'll call you when I go to bed.  I love you." He reminded me.

"I love you too, Goodnight Blaine."