The Fire Within

Charles Brandon was kneeling next to the king's bed in the tent. Henry still had to awake and his survival was still questioned. Most of the men who surrounded the king now were afraid for the fate of the country. If the King died, people would wait under Boleyns rule whether the king's whore bore an heir. If she was to birth another daughter or lost the child, the civil war would be inevitable. So many were afraid, for the country and their way of life, but Charles would mourn his good friend.
So he prayed, they all prayed.
The silent panic was disturbed by the arrival of one of the servants and a hooded figure.
"The king is to be examined by the healer, the queen's orders." Spoke the servant.
Charles was immediately on high alert. This person was connected to the Boleyns, and he wasn't sure whether this person truly had Hemry's health in mind. He stepped between his friend and this mysterious person.
"Show yourself!" demanded Brandon.
The tent was shocked into silence. The servant once more stepped in.
"This healer is trusted by the queen and you are defying her orders right now my lord. Please step aside."
"If he is trustworthy, and has nothing to hide, then he should have no problem removing his hood!"
The servant looked ready to argue, but it was interrupted by a soft chuckle.
The mysterious person put down their hood and to his surprise revealed a young woman.
"Your loyalty is admirable, but I am here to examine and hopefully help my patient, so, please don't stand in my way because I take saving lives very seriously." Said the woman, with the fire of determination burning in her eyes. Brandon was for the first time in the presence of a beautiful woman completely speechless. It took him a second to realize that she pushed around him and put her hand on the King's chest.
"He is breathing steadily, that's good." Mumbled the woman. Then she reached into her pocket and took out a small satchel.
"What is it?" Asked Charles.
The woman wordlessly took a leaf from some herb and crushed it between her fingers. She brought the fingers near him, and Charles had to take a step back. "That is a horrendous smell!"
That brought a small smile to the woman's lips. "Exactly, it's horrendous enough to wake up an unconcious person." She then put her fingers near Henry's nose.
A moment later the king took a breath in and with a gasp his eyes opened in surprise and alarm.
"Henry! Thank god, you're alive!" cried Charles.

When Henry woke up, the first thing he saw was vivid purple eyes. A moment later he realized that they were set into the face of a young woman, he never saw before.
"How many fingers do you see?" asked the woman while she raised two fingers in the air.
"Excuse me?" Asked the King in confusion.
"How many fingers do you see?" The strange young woman repeated her question patiently but with the seriousness of her tone, that Henry decided to answer.
"Two."
"Excellent, now can you follow them with your eyes?" She continued with her questioning as she started to move her fingers out of his line of vision. When he looked into the periphery, he felt a sharp pain in his temple, so he hissed.
"Are you alright, your majesty?" asked Charles.
"He will be alright, but he might feel dizziness you might want to help him sit up." The woman answered for him.
Charles and Seymour helped the king sit up.
"Bring me the strongest alcohol you can find in this place. Hurry." said the woman.
As Henry sat up with assistance he saw a whole room of men stare wide-eyed at the petite woman as servant ran to fulfill her order.
"Who are you?" Ask the king.
"I am healer, your wife summoned me here to help you, but my name is Rossette. Do you feel any pain?"
"I feel fine" answered the king.
She sighed in slight annoyance.
"I assure you, your majesty, this is not the time to act though, I see the blood dripping around your eye and I can't help you if you don't let me. Now, where are you injured?" The king did not know whether to feel insulted by the woman's attitude or to admire her resilience. He was never spoken to like this, so he decided the amusment was worth it. He wanted to know more about this woman.
"My leg is injured," Henry answered truthfully as she examined his knee.
The servant brought back the bottle Rossette required. She took a gulp out of the bottle and counted to five.
"Alright it should not be poisoned, I can use this."
Henry and Charles stared at her in silent shock.
"You've probably gotten dirt into your wound, that can cause even more trouble than the wound itself. As you probably know the fire can cleanse the dirt off of metal objects, and in some cultures, they use alcohol to burn the dirt from the wounds." She explained as she poured the alcohol onto some bandages. She kneeled near Henry's injured knee.
"This will burn a little." She explained as she put the bandage king's knee.
After a while, she covered it with clean bandages and rose up.
The king was taken aback by the woman's attitude, there was so much he wanted to know about her. Her touch was soft but pragmatic. Even in such a sexualized position as her kneeling before him, she was calm and unbothered. She did not see him as a king or potential lover, she saw him as a patient. And the king had a sudden desire to change it.
The king was awakened from his daydreaming by the arrival of the servant.
"The queen was informed of the king's state of health and she requires the presence of the healer."
And as the healer was leaving, the king knew he had time, he would change this woman's view of him, he will make her submit to him, and in the end, he will possess this mysterious woman fully. As one word escaped his smiling lips.
"Rossette"

And here we have it we are getting deeper into this. Between Anne's and Henry's interest, we are bound to have a very interesting marital dispute.