Illuminated

"Dad, where are you going?" Hope asks as he grabs his leather jacket and makes his way to the door.

"I have something I need to attend to. I'm so sorry, I'll be home tomorrow. There's money on the counter for food tonight and call me if you need anything." He tells her and she nods.

"Does this have to do with what happened with Peter and those claws?" Hope asks him and he nods.

"I'll see you tomorrow. You should head into school." He tells her and kisses the top of her head before leaving. She sighs and sits down on the couch. She was not going into school.

After spending the whole day at home doing nothing. One of the twins and Danny show up.

"What are you doing here?" Hope asks them and Aiden just walks in. "Okay, I know my dad sort of just lets people come in whenever he wants but I live here now, too." She tells them and Aiden just smiles at her.

"How would you like to throw a party?" He asks her.

"My dad would actually murder me." She tells him and shakes her head.

"Please Hope, he's out of town and won't be back until tomorrow. I'll clean it all up and he won't even know." Aiden tells her and she sighs before looking at Danny who also seems desperate.

"Alright, fine. But I'm not setting up and nothing can be broken or damaged." She tells them and they nod. "I am going to get an outfit ready for this party." She tells them with a smile and runs off. She moves the clothes in her closet around that Lydia and Allison had shopped with her for and pulls out a white v neck crop top and a pair of black high waisted shorts with pink fishnets under. She finished getting ready for the party and comes back out just in time for all the people at their school to file into the loft. Aiden makes his way over with a drink for her and she smiles and thanks him.

"I am so going to hell if my dad finds out about this." She tells him and Aiden laughs.

"Come on, look at this. Just think, you're the freshman helping host this party. Just have a drink or two and no more worries." He tells her and she nods and chugs her drink.

"I think I'm gonna go get some paint." She tells him and he nods as she walks off. She gets another drink after her paint when she sees Scott and Kira. She pushes through the crowd to them.

"You two made it, hey!" Hope says enthusiastically.

"I'm guessing your dad doesn't know about this." Scott says and Hope shakes her head taking another gulp of her drink.

"God, no. He would murder me. He won't be back until tomorrow, enough time to clean up and he will hopefully never know." She says and laughs. "Haha, hopefully... get it, because my name is Hope." She says and laughs again.
Kira and Scott share a look and smile back at the girl.

"How many drinks have you had?" Kira asks her.

"Just a few. Not many, I'm fine. How've you been?" Hope asks her and Kira laughs.

"I'm good." She says and Hope nods.

"I'm gonna go dance." She tells them and walks off.

Hope makes her way to her room and finds two people there making out.

"Ugh, get a room, that isn't mine." She tells them and they get up and leave. She looks around forgetting what she had come in here for. She hears something behind her and turns.

She walks closer to the corner but finds nothing. She turns around and sees a person in black armor and a mask. She chants a spell and rasies her hand but it doens't move. "What?-" She says confused before it's hand moves to her neck and stares deeply into her eyes. She can't move or talk. All she can do is look into the yellow ember eyes, until it drops it's hand and she falls to the ground shaking.

The black demons disappear in the loft as the sun comes up and Derek looks around.

"Where's Hope?" He asks everyone and everyone starts to look around realizing the young freshman girl is not here. Derek takes off towards her room and sees her shaking on the floor in her room her eyes wide open.

"D-Dad?" She asks quietly as her voice shakes.

"I'm here. You're okay." He tells her wrapping a blanket around her and placing her on her bed.

"My magic... it-it didn't work." She tells him and he moves her hair back off her face.

"Just rest." He tells her and she nods still shaking.

Hope wakes up in her bed to see her dad asleep in the arm chair in the corner of her room. She pulls the covers off herself and silently gets out of bed. She makes her way to the kitchen and looks through the empty fridge for food. She sighs and closes the fridge leaning on the counter.

"I'll get some food later today. I guess I'm not used to having a teenager in the house who needs to eat." Derek says walking into the kitchen. "Or one who likes to throw parties." He adds and she grimaces.

"To be fair, I didn't think you would be back and Danny was looking for a place to host it and I didn't think it was a big deal." She tells him and he gives her a look. "I'm debating if that was the right choice now though." She adds with a slight laugh. It's silent for a second before she talks again. "Dad? What was that thing last night?" She asks him and he sighs.

"I don't know." He says moving closer and moving her hair behind her ear to show the backward 5 that was the same as every other supernatural creatures. "But what I do know is that you're grounded, and you're going to clean up this mess." He says pointing around the loft and she sighs and nods.

"Can you at least go get some food? I'm starving." She tells him and he laughs.

"Going now." He tells her grabbing his keys and leaves the loft.

Oooo, Hope is Grounded!
But she's being rebellious throwing a party...
Please Vote and Comment if you're enjoying the story!!