What should I get you for Christmas?

Later that day Luchino didn't see Aesop at the blackjack round.

At first, he was a little sad about it. But then he figured that the other man would probably need a break after what they did last night...

But it was quite pleasant to play once more with his friend Norton, he and the prospector finally able to catch up on things after quite some time.
The survivor took the chance to question him about what exactly what was going on between him and Aesop, which he replied to with a shrug. He wasn't sure either about it if he was being honest.

It is not like they agreed to stop seeing each other, but still.
He figured that they maybe moved their relationship one level up. From just friends to friends with benefits. Not that he minded that, quite the opposite actually.
Luchino knew he wouldn't be able to make sense of it until he spoke to Aesop himself about the whole situation.

But as they talked their conversation moved towards Christmas, the Reptilian now asking for advice on what to get for Aesop.
He knew that Norton was quite close to him so he figured the man could tell him a few more things about the embalmer. Things he would like or things he would dislike, maybe a few things he should completely avoid when it came to the man.

One of the suggestions that stuck with him was the mention of a dog, one of the various pets they offered for survivors in the catalog.
He had never thought that Aesop was a dog person...but, that would be a sweet gift now, wouldn't it?

-
-

Aesop spent most of the day in his room, still wondering about what had happened last night.

He was still starstruck, to say the least, but there was something bugging him again.
What would happen now?

Would they continue like normal? Or would they see each other more often? Did that mean they would start something serious?

Various things that bothered the silver-haired man, which he knew he could only solve if he talked to the hunter himself.
But today he honestly didn't feel like moving out of bed.

Hopefully, Luchino wouldn't mind his absence from blackjack for one day. He doubted that he would even be able to run properly in his condition.

Aesop bit his lip slightly when his cheeks turned red.
He could still feel the hunter against him, his presence lingering around quite soothingly.

And this time there was no Jerry Carl to ruin it for him.

~

When he had decided to leave his room in the afternoon to go make himself some tea, he stopped in his tracks when he walked past the living room where Emma was sitting, surrounded by a pile of yarn and a set of hand made Christmas sweaters by her side.

He had heard that Emma would make them all something, but all of a sudden...
He recalled a moment where Luchino had mentioned to him that he had difficulties keeping himself warm around winter. So he wondered...

With a clearing of his throat and an unsure step he made his way over to the gardener who greeted him with a smile.

"Hey Aesop!" Emma said happily as she stopped her knitting for a moment, the embalmer now scratching his cheek.
"Hey Emma...uhm, I would like to ask you something..." Aesop started, making the woman tilt her head slightly before she patted on the free spot next to herself.

Aesop had to take a large step to get over all the yarn before he sat down as carefully as he could, his legs and backside still sore at that point.

"Sure, how can I help?" She asked, her aura as bright as usual.
"So, Uhm...I was wondering if you could, well, help me make something, for someone. " He said, making the woman raise her brows.

"Like a scarf?" She asked, making the other nod.
"Yes, kind of...maybe even something for the head or, if it's not too hard a sweater maybe?" He asked a little unsure as he fiddled his thumbs on his lap, making Emma think for a moment.

"I mean, it depends on how large you want to make it and all...May I ask, who this will be for?" the gardener asked, making the silver-haired man now stop breathing for a second. Should he?
She would be able to help him better if she knew exactly what he was looking for...there was no point in beating around the bush...

"Well, uhm...it's for the Reptilian?" He said a little unsure, now making her eyes light up.
Of course she would have heard of what had happened last night, so her immediate assumption was that the two men were an item.

"Awww, you want to make him something? That's so cute!" She said happily, the embalmer now unable to hide the blush on his cheeks.
"Well, why didn't you say so sooner? If it is for your boyfriend I would even gladly do most of the work myself-"
"But he isn-"
"You could just make the scarf which is quite easy and I do the rest, how does that sound?" She suggested with a grin, leaving Aesop speechless for a moment.

"I, uhm-" He had to lean back a little when the gardener scooted closer, her eyes still focused on his as she looked at him quite excitedly.
"Alright..." He eventually agreed, making the woman clap happily.

"Perfect! I am sure he will love it." She said, not wasting a minute as she picked up another set of knitting tools and a basket of unused yarn.

"Pick a color and I will show you how you can make the scarf," She smiled brightly, making Aesop ponder for a moment.

"I think black would do..." He suggested, Emma now nodding in return as she picked out the right yarn.

"Okay then, let me show you how to do it~"