𝑚𝑖𝑐ℎ𝑎𝑒𝑙 𝑔𝑟𝑎𝑦

You had just arrived back in Small Heath, after a year of being in London, to visit your family and some friends

You had just arrived back in Small Heath, after a year of being in London, to visit your family and some friends. From the moment you stepped off the train, you immediately felt home again, your fiancé Edward following behind.

You had met Edward on a night out once with a couple of friends you had made upon your arrival in London. He was everything you could ever want in a man, kind-hearted, charming and generous, his wealth being a positive benefit but not a necessity. The two of you met up more frequently and after a few dates he asked you to be his girlfriend, which you agreed to, giving him a kiss on his cheek. The two of you hardly ever argued and eventually after 8 months of dating he popped the question. The two of you were ecstatic. 

Now after 2 months of you being engaged you decided to go home back to Birmingham and tell you family, and you asked Edward to join you. At first he wasn't so sure, he had heard stories of gangs and violence in Birmingham and he assumed a man of his class walking through the streets would be like having a target glued to his back. Never the less he agreed and now they were both stood outside your childhood home.

A sudden wave of anxiety hit you as you knocked on your parent's door and you weren't exactly sure why. Was it because you thought your family had forgot about you? Maybe they had moved and not informed you? Or maybe it was simply because you hadn't been there in so long. You heard a voice get louder on the other side of the door, accompanied by the sound of heels clicking down the wooden hallway. As the door opened you were greeted by your mother who seemed shocked to say the least.

"Y/N? I thought you were staying in London?" stuttered your mother, unable to get her words out.

 "Nice to see you too Mum." you laughed as your mum pulled you into a tight hug. 

"And who's this?" the older woman's eyes shifting from you over to Edward. 

"Well, this is Edward, he's the reason we're here to be honest." You glanced back at Edward, giving him a small smile and grabbing his hand, pulling him towards you.

 "What do you me-" your mother started but you interrupted by holding out your left hand, showing her the large diamond stone that lay on your finger.

 "Oh my god!" screamed the woman, catching the attention of a voice further in the house. 

"What are you shouting at woman?" A voice began but came to a stop as a man emerged from the living room.

 "Dad!" A wide smile now plastered on your face

 "Y/N, bloody hell didn't expect to see you anytime soon, thought you forgot about us!" Your dad let out a chuckle whilst giving you a hug. 

"James this is Edward," Your mum introduced

 "My fiancé." you finished your mums sentence, holding your hand out for you dad like you had your mum. 

"Fuckin' hell look at the size of that thing, what are you a millionaire son?" Joked your dad to Edward. 

"Something like that." Edward returned the banter. You hoped your father had taken a liking to Edward because of his personality, not his money. But you knew your dad, money obsessed.