𝑚𝑖𝑐ℎ𝑎𝑒𝑙 𝑔𝑟𝑎𝑦

[tw/ postnatal depression and slight mentions of suicide]

It had been 3 weeks since you had given birth to your daughter, Violet, and it was safe to say you were struggling. You had been having terrifying nightmares of people hurting you, or even more distressing, your baby. These dreams were a nightly occurrence, so recently you chose to stay up the nigh, keeping close to your sleeping daughter. 

Michael was aware of the nightmares, and wanted to help, but didn't know how. All he could do was tell you that they weren't real, and that all these things wouldn't happen. But given the lifestyle Michael and his family lead, these nightmares could easily become a reality. 

It was a Thursday night, you were home with Violet whilst Michael was out with his cousins and the other peaky boys in the Garrison. You stood in the kitchen stirring your tea, when Violet began crying from the other side of the room startling you. Parts of your hair had fallen down and was now by your face, and you were now sweating from anxiety. Making your way over to Voilet, you began to tremble slightly. Picking her up you cradled her, trying to calm her. However, she would not settle, her cries only becoming louder, making you become more stressed.

Then you broke, the noise and the anxiety was becoming too much, and the tears began to spill. The anxieties included the dreams, the pressure of being a mother, the constant fear of being targeted by one of the blinders enemies. You feared for your daughter.

Putting Violet back in her crib, you walked over to where all your shoes were and grabbed a pair, putting them on your feet. You then made your way back over to the baby and picked her up, keeping her close to your chest in a protective manner.

"Come on, we're gonna go somewhere where we're both safe, where no one can hurt us."  You whispered to her, your tears slipping onto your tongue.

You took one last look around the room before leaving through the front door, slamming it shut behind you. The air was bitter cold, nipping at your skin, especially where there were tears. Thankfully for you, there wasn't many people out, people either in their homes or in the pub. You didn't like too many people being around you, it made you anxious, you were sure people were staring at you, quietly judging you. You made your way over to a river near by, still whispering words to your daughter.

Once you arrived, you stood in the middle of the bridge that was straight over the river. This was the right thing to do, no one deserved to stay in such a hate filled world, a world full of so many dangers and threats, especially not your daughter, who was still held close to you.

 You walked towards the railing that stood between you and the flowing water below. putting one foot on it before pushing the other one up. 

Meanwhile, one of the peaky boys was running towards the Garrison, his shoes hitting the floor hard. He flung open the boys before rushing over to the table where Michael and the others were.