Chapter one

Authors note:

Thankyou for clicking on my story! I know it starts of kinda slow but hang in there. Updates twice a week until chapter ten, then I will slow down. Update days:
Saturday
Wednesdays

Anyway, enjoy :)

***********************************

The sun light beat down on me. Hard concrete made small tapping sounds every time my feet bounced of it. My head was downturned to gaze at a screen held in my hands. It was a really cool otome game! It was basically about a heroine who has special powers and is sent to the magic academy with all the nobles! I think she's kinda two-faced but I guess the plots good...

A grin broke out on my face as finally unlocked the 'Prince Justin' path! Squeee! I am doing some serious fan girling over here! Look at those graphics! I barely registered when I stepped down from the curb and onto the road. I HAD UNLOCKED PRINCE JUSTIN! My mind was abuzz with excitement. Yeah, I am sorta obsessed with this game...

No judgies! Who isnt?! Its the hit of the century! Millennium even! Every teenager is playing it! Look around you, peoples!

A loud honking noise interupting me from my mental party. I lifted my gaze until I was staring right upwards. Two headlights temporarily blinded me as a vehicle sped closer. I frantically looked around to clear my vision.

Then, I saw a little girl. Her short hair was tied into curly pigtails with a red bow and her big brown eyes gazed definetely backwards at her mother, who was standing on the curb with a baby on her hip.

"Lola! Come back here!" She called.

My heart clenched. The girl was in the middle of the road with me. And a speeding truck which was about to hit us!

Time seemed to slow down. My body moved to push her out the way, moments before the vehicle collided with my body. The bitter taste of blood flooded my mouth. The last thing I saw was the girl being hugged by her mother before pain overtook me and my vision slowly went black.

I did not get to finish prince justin's path after all....

***

I felt so tingly. Was this normal? Did people who got hit by vehicles feel ... like this? I silently scolded myself. Of course they wouldnt! Where did all the pain go, then? What was this floating sensation?!

"Hello, my child." A loud voice rumbled around the ..... room? Where was I anyway?

I pried an eyelid open and was assaulted by light.

"It burns! It burns!" I screamed, trying to shield my eyes from this glow.

"Oh dear, It seems as if I forgot to switch forms. Just give me a min."

My flesh started burning. Turn this off already! Geez, some people are trying not to go blind over here!

"That should do it..."

The light abruptly vanished, taking the heat along with it. I was finally able to see my surroundings. My feet stood a white marble floor barefoot. Hey! Wait a sec....

I'M NAKED!? My eyes scanned the room for some clothes. They rested on a beautiful man. However, I did not stop to daydream (okay, maybe I did a tiny bit - he's Hot with a capital letter!) beforing sprinting forward. Clothes!

The man obviously misinterpreted my intentions as he spread his arms out wide as if expecting a hug. Hell no! I tugged off his weird cloak-y thing and wrapped it around my body. Ahhhh. Much better.

"Um, child, what are you doing?" A confused voice asked me as I fiddled with the clasp.

"Hey, mister, it was you who took away my clothes!" I wagged a finger at him as if scolding a young child. "Its awful rude to lay a hand onsomeone without permission."

His eyebrows raised in amusement, blending into his pale skin.

"Careful there, you might loose one of those up there." I gestured to his hair. A full on smile found his way onto his face.

"Do you know who I am?" He asked.

"A perverted person." I stated calmly, crossing my arms over the weird clothes "with no fashion sense whatsoever." I added.

"Others refer to me as god." He informed me. My eyes widened.

"Prove it." I challenged defiantly.

He waved a hand and I saw my family sitting around a hospital bed. The heart monitor kept making an annoying 'beep' sound ever so often. It was super annoying.

"You wanted to show me a heart monitor?" I was mega confused.

"No, look at your family."

A turned my attention back to the makeshift screen. A older woman clasped my hands with mascara running down from her ocean-blue eyes. Her hair was drawn up into a loose bun with lots of tufts poking out. This was the first time I had seen my mother unprofessional.

Next to her, sat a slightly shorter woman who appeared to be around early twenties. Her brown hair hung limply around her ears, dangling infront of her downturned face. Her two hands were clasped together in a prayer.

Then, there was a white figure laying on the bed in a weird hospital  gown which was obviously oversized. It took my a moment to recognize my dark brown hair, plump lip, straight nose, trimmed eyebrows and high cheek bones. I visably recoiled.

Th heart monitor gave a final 'beep' before descending into silence. My sister looked up and burst into tears. My mother froze. They waited for the next beep but it never came...

I gasped, tears trickling down my cheeks.

"Do you finally understand, child?"

His voice was so soft and sympathetic. I took deep breaths.

"So why am I here?" I finally managed to choke out. A voice at the back of my head kept repeating 'you are dead' over and over. I cradled my face.

"Because you did not deserve to die."

"Then..... can you send me back?" Hope shimmered in my eyes. He opened his perfect mouth.

"I am afraid not. But...."

"But what?" I asked frantically.

"I could reincarnate you into a different world with magic. You would possess magic." He offered generously.

My heart screamed yes while my brain said no. I decided to go with my heart.

"Fine."