Chapter two

I was so warm. Something was tightly wrapped around me but I couldn't quite see it due to the lack of light. Occasionally, a voice would filter in. The first time that had happened it had made me jump! Well, not literally, there's like no space in here!

"Hows the child?" A masculine voice had asked. I didn't get to hear the reply. What child?! This was weird.

I stayed in my cocoon for a few weeks before one of my naps were rudely interupted.

My head was being squeezed out! I cried in protest.

"You are nearly there!" Another voice yelled. What was this person doing? Running a marathon?!

I felt my body being pushed out. Oh, why cocoon of warmth, why abandon thee? Then, I felt to massive hands wrap around me, under my head and tushie, to pick me up. Eww, is this another pervert? That god guy was really enough for me.

"Awww, she's adorable!" Someone cooed. Please be quiet, peoples. I need my rest!

"C-could I h-hold h-her?" A soft whispery voice asked the hand guy. I pried open one of my eyes to gaze around. Tall Blurry figures stood over me. Wait ... were they giants!? I'm gonna die.

I tried to move but my body was so heavy. My limbs didn't do what I told them too. Nooooooooo. Don't kill me. I'm waaaaay to young.

Smaller softer hands replaced the big ones. I turned my head to look upwards and saw a beautiful face. Her long pink hair stuck to her head in sweaty waves, her lips were plump and full, she had high cheekbones - giving her a regal look. But those eyes were the ones who took my breath away. Deep gold in colour and tinged with love. I instantly relaxed. This giant was too pretty to eat me.

I let my lips curve up in a smile - one of the only things I can do. I must be sooooo unfit. Her reaction was one of deep happiness. Who was this weird woman who cared so much?

"Look, she smiled!" Pink haired lady exclaimed. What is going on? My eyes left her face to observe the one I was being offered to.

It was another weird lady with light brown hair pulled into a tight bun. Crows feet framed the side of her eyes and her mouth was portraying a massive smile.

"Awwww," the smiley woman exclaimed with an even bigger smile.

"I can't wait for Alex to see. Where is he?" The golden-eyed one asked enthusiastically.

The other woman's eyes drooped. "I'm afraid his majesty is with the women." Her voice hardened considerably as she said this, clenching her big hands.

"Oh . . . I see." The once cheerful person pulled me closer.

"I truly am sorry, your majesty." The other one replied.  Who was this 'Alex' guy? Why did the other woman say 'your majesty'? Where am I?

Questions flooded my brain as I gazed up at the pinkettes watering eyes. I didn't want her to be sad. She had a place in my heart, which is weird because I have no idea who she is! With alot of effort, I manged to move my left arm up to touch her cheek.

Her face resembled shock.

"Fiona, did you see that?" She screeched. Owie. Did I do something wrong?

The other woman, presumably Fiona, was staring at my hand in wonder. How unfit must I be if these people have such low expectations for me? Have some faith, peoples!

"Oh dear god, yes!" Fiona whispered. I didn't feel as much affection to her as the other person. I let my hand drop.

"My baby is a genius!" Gold eyes crowed. Wait, baby! Her baby! I already have a mother! Wait, no. I died, met god, stayed in that weird cocoon and then got squeezed out! Wait . . . Was that my birth!?

That means pinky is my mother! How could I forget! Well, I am pretty forgetful so...

That's not the point! I have a new mother! Who is called 'your highness' by Fiona! This is weird! Super duper weird!

I finally noticed the gazes of my mother (I suppose I should call her that now...) and Fiona. They looked like they were expecting something. I gave them a sheepish smile. This definetely wasn't awkward. Definetely. But if I was a baby I didn't have to do anything!

"Fiona, can you prepare a crib for my baby in here?" My mother asked her, breaking the silence. Fiona nodded in reply and continued to exit the room.

"Baby, listen here," she started. "Don't give up; life's not easy. But when the time comes, I will make sure of your happiness. Rest assured." Her eyes glimmered with determination. This was a weird speech to be giving a child who has only been in this world for a little over half an hour. But, it helped me grasp her personality. Life had not been easy for her.

I yawned and eased my eyes shut. Ugh, being a baby is sooooo tiring. Especially with the whole 'touching face' stunt. I am, like, mega unfit. To think, I was asleep less than an hour ago. Birthing is tiring. Don't recommend it.

My eyes finally snapped close as I cuddled into my mothers embrace. Life was good.