Chapter Eleven

"Well, congrats. You can best a rank J. As in joke. Seriously, are all humans this clumsy in combat?" Diano scoffs. It's their third day in training. "You managed to use your Toksin once, by firing a single fireball. Outstanding."

"Your heinous sarcasm is what's outstanding."Angelo glares at Diano. Angelo would never say this out loud, but despite the Prince's many talents he's a terrible teacher. How can you expect me to learn when you can't even teach?

"Die Die, I'll take it from here." A woman speaks from out of Angelo's view. He turns around to see the woman that raised Phoenix, Arrivian. All healed and stunning in a lavish red dress-robe. Both Angelo and Diano seemed relieved to see her.

"Fine by me. Good luck." Diano scowls and leaves to the black and gold door. Arrivian kneels down to the crouched Angelo's level. They make eye contact, and she smiles so warmly.

"Well if there's one thing I know how to do, it's to turn ordinary people into magnificent other-worldly beings." She says smoothly. Angelo can't imagine how hard Phoenix's kidnapping has been on Arrivian, or the news of the pregnancy. Arrivian could hardly handle it, and training younger soldiers had always gotten her mind off of things. "Taki, would you be a dear and hang my robe in the SSS room?" Arrivian calls to a soldier in a pink uniform. Judging by the placement of the pink door among the others, pink must be a rank E. The pink rushes over to retrieve her lavish robe, and he runs to the last door. The SSS room door is black with a streak of iridescent rainbow through the middle.

When Angelo lays his eyes back on Arrivian, she's standing in a glorious black suit with iridescent rainbow lining and stitching. She has golden chains draping all over her limbs and torso. The suit itself is of completely different design than any other. It's a two piece; the top is a long sleeve turtleneck crop top with the shoulders cut out. The bottom is similar to a loincloth, only much longer and much more elegant. She has black leggings underneath and thigh-high steel boots. Only it's definitely not steel. The strange metal is a glassy and iridescent silver. Her long red hair braids itself into one of those princess hairdos from movies, no longer draping even past her ears.

"Wow." Angelo blurts.

"Yes well, being the first SSS rank in hundreds of years earns some decoration." Arrivian giggles. She must be nearly 52 in Earth years, but looks not a day over 25. She puts her hand on Angelo's shoulder. "Let's start with something simple. Back to greens with you, we'll train with a group first."

*

*

*

"Dude. The thing is already dead, you don't have to kill it." Darius stares as Diano attacks the mountain of foods on his platter. Diano ignores his brother's comment, tearing through some sort of leg. Darius sighs at his brother's carnage, turning to his own smaller platter. Diano's appetite is the size of Harvinal's ego. Darius snickers to himself. Darius could never stomach a large meal, he could hardly eat a decent sized meal. Diano on the other hand eats the equivalent of two tons a week. And he burns it faster than he can eat it. Literally burns it. Diano can generate temperatures of up to 30,000,000 Kelvin and he can withstand the heat of up to 56,000,000 Kelvin. There's a reason the people call him the 'Heat of a thousand stars'. Well, his fangirls call him that for a different reason.

The more he uses his Toksin the more he has to eat. When Diano was about five (Earth)years old, he refused to take breaks from training to eat. He was a obsessed with training to the point of it nearly killing him. Diano generated flames at the same time as exerting his physical body in combat for two weeks straight without even sleep. He climbed from a Rank K to a Rank C during that time. He would have kept going, too, had he not collapsed. Darius recollects the moment of horror and cringes. Dar, as well as everyone under Wyvern rule, thought that Diano had died. The boy was practically a shriveled skeleton, with no meat on his bones. It took three years before Diano could manifest even a simple flame again, and he had to start his training all over.