The Invisible Me (Chapter One)

The Invisible Me <Chapter 1>

'''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''

I pushed myself off the bed, dragging myself across the room to the bathroom. It is my second year in High School and today is the first day of school after a long break. I dreaded every single moment of my life in school.

 After putting on a pair of jeans with a red tank top and white cardigan, I walked down the stairs and went into the kitchen to look for food...and hoping to see my beloved dad (who hardly is at home).

My mum died right after she gave birth to me.

"Dad!" I called out, trying my luck to see whether he is at home.

 "Morning, darling. Your dad's in the bathroom." A female voice drifted from the living room.

Weird. Who's that?! Dad never ever bring a woman home. Out of curiosity, I made my way into the room and was shocked to see a woman cleaning up. Yap- I admit that I am very lazy. But it wasn't as bad as you imagine. The sofa was covered by stack of the latest magazines and the coffee table hold empty packets of my favourite drink- green tea. And that's it!! I swear!

 "Who are you? The maid?" I asked curiously. "No, darling" She laughed. "I am your dad's girlfriend. You've a nice home - of course - minus the mess." She smiled sweetly at me.

What?! Dad's girlfriend??!! When did he ever have time to date?! His job has taken him to every single country around he world. He didn't even have time for me, how can he even have the time to date?!

"Morning, Sweetie." My dad's voice broke off my trailing thoughts. "So I see you've meet Hannah. I met her while I was on a business trip." Seeing that I was keeping silence, he then added "Lets have breakfast together. It's been so long since we last ate together."

I followed him into the kitchen, relieved that Hannah have stayed in the living room. I guessed she is not all that bad considering she knows when her presence is needed.

 "Are you okay? I know you might be unhappy. But please don't feel that I am trying to get her to replace your mum. It's just that I am seriously attracted to her." Concerned laced in his eyes and voice.

I shook my head and answered "No, dad. It's just that you never bring a woman home before. I was surprised." We were eating(pancakes) - obviously, prepared by Hannah. It tastes great, normally I only ate plain bread for breakfast. "So, she will be going with you on every business trip?"

 My dad nodded, "she has been helping me for quite awhile. She's really good."

Okay. Since I won't get to spend time with her, guess it's okay for me.

With nothing left to say, I finished my food quickly and bid farewell to both of them - for school which is only a twenty minutes walk.

 I don't have many friends in school - basically a loner.I have tried making friends but somehow after a day or two, they ditch me. Guess there's something wrong with me huh?!

 I wasn't bullied in school like the way you watch from TV or read from books. As in - popular students pouring water on me while doing my business in the toilet or putting disgusting stuff on my seat/in my locker. No, nothing like that.

The most I get is whenever I am making my way to the class, Felicia, the school's beauty, will purposely or "accidently" knocked onto me, causing me to fall and my stuff to spill all over the floor. She will then walked away with her head's held high.

All I could do was to fame inwardly. What can I do?! She's the school's beauty with lots of friends and back-up.

 After getting my new time-table and the books I needed from my locker (History - ugh), I slowly made my way to the class.

"Ouch" I let out after someone knocked onto me real hard.

 Ugh. Don't tell me it's her - I hate her!!

"Are you okay?? I'm so sorry." A deep voice came from above me.

 Nobody ever spoke to me, everyone treats me like I was invisible. Am I hearing things?

I picked myself up and slowly looked up at the person who spoke to me. Blue sneaker. Pants that fit so tightly, so lean and muscular. A tight t-shirt which can easily make out the chest and six-pack.

Guess it's my lucky day.

Suddenly, I was pushed onto the ground again. I looked up to find that He was gone and it was Felicia who glared at me. "Get out of my way!!" She raised her voice and then stomped off.

There. Its more normal this way-rather than bumping into an oh-so-good-looking-guy.

 Once again, I was left to pick up my books.

I made my walk to class. Hmm... The back seats are where all the popular sit while the front seats are the teacher's pet. I am neither so I choose to sit at the side of the classroom, between the front seats and back seats.

"Hey. Sorry about what happen just now." It's Him again.

 Oh. So just now he did knock onto me. I wasn't hallucinating. "It's alright." I said happily when I realised the fact.

 "My name is Rhys. Sorry to say. But are you new. I have never see you before." I really am invisible, aren't I?

 "I'm Genell." I gave him a quick smile and looked away quickly as Mrs Wakefield; my History teacher entered the room.He took it as the cue to walk back to the back seats where all the popular are seated.

 I completely block her out after listening for five minutes. It's so boring. I hate History.

Suddenly, something hit against the side of my table and fall onto the floor.

It's a paper crashed into a ball. I picked it up and looked around the class. Nobody is looking. I hesitated.

Is it from Rhys asking me to meet him? Oh. That would be wonderful. I excitedly opened the paper.

What I saw was six simple words staring at me.

"Stay away from Rhys. Or else..."

I looked around the class again - everyone was busy with their stuff. I crashed the paper and stuff it inside my pocket - pushing it to the back of my mind.

Wow. Jelously sure is an ugly thing.

'''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''

Thanks for reading :) Merry Christmas!!

Facebook in external link :)