The Invisible Me <Chapter 2>

'''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''

It has been exactly a week since I received the threatening message to stay away from Rhys. Since then, I have managed to aviod him.

Phew. Imagine the drama.

 I was in the library; happily enclosing myself in the world of the book I was reading when suddenly the book was yank roughly from me.

All protests dead on my lips when I stared into a pair of blue-green eyes that belong to Rhys. "Hi. Its break time and you're spending your time in the library? Bookworm eh?"

"Never mind me. Give me back!" I snatched the book out from his hand. "I am on a diet."

Well, that's the only thing I can think of to say in order for him to go away. 

 "You got to be seriously kidding. You're so skinny and you are going on a diet?" he asked incredulously. "Come on. Join my friends and me."

Why? Did he come here to specially invite me to join him? I was about to ask him when an angry voice came from behind him.

 "Get out!! The both of you. You are disturbing the rest!!" The librarian bellowed.

Left with no choice, the both of us exited.

"There is no one but her in the library. Who are we disturbing?" I complained. Rhys chuckled.

"I-" Rhys was cut off by a tired good-looking guy who was now standing in front of us.

Oh Lord. What is coming into this world?! I get to meet two handsome guys within a day?!

 "Hey, dude. Why did you look like you have been running for 1000km? Anyway, meet Genell. Genell this is Kyle, my best buddy."

 Polite greetings were exchange.

"Rhys, Felicia is looking all over the school for you. Quick! Hide!"

"Seriously? Oh man." He looked so worried. "Look, Genell I've got to go. Don't tell anyone you've seen me."

With that, the both of them ran away.

 As if on cue, Felicia walked past me, speaking to her friends. "It's so weird. I saw Rhys heading for this direction." She frowned.

 It was just as if she just realised that I was there.

 "Hey. You there. Have you seen Rhys?" I shook my head and averted my glance elsewhere. The look on her face was so funny that I was having such a hard time controlling my laughter.

The day dragged on, Rhys was nowhere to be seen.

                                                               """"

 Days turn into weeks, I only managed to get an occasional glance at Rhys. He was always surrounded by his friends.

 It was Friday and when school finally ended, I made my way to Wal-Mart. I am working there as a cashier mainly because I like spending what I earned.

"Fate seems to always bring us together." I continue scanning his purchase, even without looking up, I knew it was Rhys.

"Ya, right. We are so fated." My voice thick with sarcasm.

He grinned when I looked up. "Are you stalking me?"

"Who me?" He asked innocently.

I rolled my eyes, "Yes, you. $15.20, please."

After paying for his purchase, he continues to linger around.

 "May I help you?" Irritation evident in my voice.

What did he want again??!

"I was just wondering if you want to go with me to the dance next week?"

Oh! The Dance! Its next week? There is a dance next week held in our school; raising fund for the charity.

Oh my God. Did he just me to a dance?

How do I reject him?

I cad still remember vividly what happened last year.

*Flashback*

When I was in the cubicle in the toilet doing my business, a group of girls came in. It was Felicia and her group of friends.

"Did you see what Genell wear? O-M-G. The dress look like what my granny might be wearing."

Laughter erupted.

 "Totally. I do admire her guts though."

"She really is a disgrace to us girls by dressing like that."

More laughter and voices of agreement followed.

 I covered my ears with my hands not being able to stand hearing any of what they are going to say.

Tears started to roll down my cheeks. Am I wrong to wear what I really like?!

 I swear I will never attend a dance anymore!!!

*Flashback Over*

"Nope." I lied, "I have to attend to some stuff. Do you mind?" I pointed at the long queue behind him.

"Oh. My bad. See you around then." He winked and walked away.

 Oh, well. At least I don't have to think of lies or worst - to tell him the truth.

                                                                   ''''''

It was Monday and as I was coming out of the library, I heard someone came up behind me.

 "Going somewhere?" I let out a small scream and when I realised it was Rhys, I let out a sigh of relief.

"Don't do that anymore." I smacked his arm - hard. 

"Ouch. You hit like a guy." He complained and rubbed at the spot where I hit and added, "I've got something to ask you."

 "If it's about the dance I told you my decision already. Lesson is about to start soon, got to go."

He caught my wrists while I started walking away.

 "Let me go!" I was trying to free myself from his hard grip.

"Just give me a minute, Gen."

"Gen? Since when did my name become Gen?"

He was about to answer when Kyle came running towards us.

"You've got to run. Felicia is looking for you. I think I am going to have nightmare again. She's so scary." I could see him literally shuddered. I was once again having a hard time controlling my laughter.

 "Come with me." Rhys suddenly grabbed my hand and pulled me with him.

 He was so strong that I have no choice but to follow.

 "Kyle, help me get Felicia off our backs. I got to talk to Genell for a minute."

"Sure." He gave Rhys a look that says I-know-what-you-are-up-to.

Why do I have a feeling that whatever it is, I am not going to like it.

 "Where are we going? I still got to get my books from the locker."

 I twisted my wrist in all sorts of angle hoping to break free from his iron-like grasp.

 "We are going to a secret place where no one will find us." He threw a grin over his shoulder.

'''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''

Thanks for reading :)

Pls do leave a comment about how you feel bout this story.

It gave me motivation to write :)

As usual, Facebook in external link .