Chapter 49

Koga: LOOKOUT!!!

The Aka Oni had thrown the katana blade straight at them. Both boys were quick to dodge it as it impales the wall.

Kuro: (That was close. If we weren't fast enough. We would've been sliced in two.)

The Aka Oni growled in fury before dissolving.

He soon appeared next to the sword.

The Oni then charges at the boys once again at fast speed. Kuro quickly go in front of Hibiki in defense using his axe to guard.

The sword soon hits the axe as both weapons clashed.

The Aka Oni pulled his sword back and slashed at him, but was blocked by the huge magical shield.

Kuro: (Koga...)

Hibiki had managed to spawn a shield.

Koga: Oh Holy Spirits! Defend us in battle! Against the Wicked!!!

Aka Oni: RAAAAAAAAAGH!!!

The spirit took a swing at Kuro with his own blade only to slice air as the demonic teen jumped back. The spirit wasn't given a second to recover as Kuro rushed in again for another attack.

Smack!

Kuro's attack had hit the Oni causing him to send flying backwards. Instead of jumping back, he pushed himself forward in attempt to get the Oni off-balance once again. But the Aka Oni stood firm and efficiently shoved Kuro back, making him barreling down a few feet away. Hibiki quickly twisted his body to the right before leaping away from the blade coming at him. He then flipped upside down and throw a couple of other shields at the Aka Oni who effortlessly sliced them all in two clean hits.

Kuro: Shit...At this rate, we won't be able to touch him.

Koga: You have to touch him in order to see through his grudge, right?

Kuro: Yes. If impossible we can be able to get him to hold still like we did back with the Onryō. Then maybe I can use my power to find his grudge.

Koga: Leave it to me!

Kuro: Be careful.

Koga: Hey Ugly! Over Here!

Aka Oni: RAAAAAAAAAAAAGH!!!

Koga quickly made a run for it as the Aka Oni chased after him through the museum.

Seemingly ignoring Kuro at the moment.

Kuro: Eh?

Kuro looked down to see a shiny item on the floor.

Whatever it was...it looked like the Oni dropped it.

Kuro: What is this...? Wait...Is that...

-Meanwhile-

Hibiki's attack was blocked again by the sword that held in defense for the Oni. He pushed himself forward in attempt to get attack again. But like before, the spirit stood firm and efficiently shoved Koga back, making him hit a couple of armor on display.
Hibiki grunted in pain rubbing his head before dodging the katana that aimed for his head.

Koga: (That was close!)

He bit back a curse as he felt like he was getting a headache. His vision fizzed to the original color, but was quickly replaced with black and white.

He must've hit his head harder than he thought.

Koga: (Focus...Focus...)

Hibiki's eyes widened slightly as he tried to focus on his distraction, but realized that something is really wrong.

He didn't see the Aka Oni through his vision anymore...

Hibiki: (Shit... Don't tell me he's...)

He barely had the chance to cry out when the vengeful spirit appeared behind him, ready to gut him like a fosh.

Without thinking, he brought the sword he gotten off the display down straight into the monster's chest.

Aka Oni: RAAAAAAAAAAAAGH!!!!

Koga: YES-WHOA!

He jumped a few feet away as the monster continue to swing the katana blade.

Koga touched his head to feel for anything that was out of place.

Koga: (Lucky. He only split a few hairs....)

The Aka Oni tried to get back up only for few a creepy sensation surrounding him.

Kuro's eyes glowed red through the darkness.

Kuro: (Caught You.)

The Aka Oni was now trapped upon Kuro's deadly gaze as the boy walked out the darkness and into the moonlight.

Koga: Took you long enough. He almost had me.

Kuro: Sorry. I needed to wait for the right moment.

Koga: Yeah....you can take over from here.

Kuro: Alright.

Kuro's eyes beamed right onto the sword removing it from the sneering Oni's clutches.

Kuro: Now then...No need to be hostile anymore...

Aka Oni: Grrrrrrr!

Kuro: Were you looking for this?

Kuro pulled out the shiny item he found earlier showing it to the Aka Oni whose glowing eyes went wide in surprise when they locked onto the item.

Kuro: Reveal Who You Are...

The shiny item was a black card with a photo of a man on it.

Aka Oni:....?!

Kuro: What Is Your Grudge.....Jotaro Aishiteru....