Chapter 27 and a half

"Maybe we could..try something."

What exactly was I suggesting here?

"Yeah," no matter how vague it was, Alex seemed to be agreeing. "Do it right this time."

I raised a brow, not able to keep the smile creeping on to my lips. "What would doing it right entail?"

"A date, for starters. Taking it slow.." Alex listed. My brows rose higher.

"Fuck that," I huffed, more or less launching myself at Alex - our drinks falling to the carpet, lips colliding, and Alex's arms coming to catch me.

He didn't catch me as well as I anticipated.

Or maybe it was on purpose that we both toppled backwards towards the bed, me landing square on top of him with a breathless laugh. It was when I saw Alex's grin that I knew for a damn fact that he had planned this.

Not me turning up at the wedding, that was on Kelly. I'd have to send her a thank you fruit basket or something.

Point being, Alex had wanted me on top of him and now he had it.

What was there to be done about that?

For the first time in six years, I leaned down and kissed him - Alex coming up to meet me half way.

It wasn't like I had spent the last six years being chaste. Which was why I knew I wasn't being dramatic when I thought that kissing didn't get better than this. This felt right, it felt like something that had been missing from my life.

So I kissed him with everything I had, and Alex rose to the challenge - broad hands trailing down my back, over my waist and hovering there. Like he wasn't sure whether to continue.

I briefly pulled away from the kiss (how long had we been kissing? I was hard enough that it could have been a long time, but Alex also just had that effect on me) - nipping along that strong jaw of his and up to the lobe of his ear.

"If you're going to be shy about touching my ass now of all times, we're going to have to have words," I murmured into his ear - taking the lobe in my mouth and biting.

Alex had always liked it when I bit his ear before. And the choked-off moan I got in response told me that that hadn't changed.

"Gonna be the death of me," Alex groaned then, finally grabbing my ass and hoisting me up so that he was sitting and I was straddling him - the position both heaven and hell on my cock, which was tight within the confines of my pants.

We kissed again, Alex's hands in my hair - mine thrown around his neck, rocking my hips against his for some kind of friction. Something, anything.

Shit, had I ever been this turned on before? And we weren't even naked.

That stopped me in my tracks.

Why weren't we naked?

My hands were quickly on the finicky buttons of Alex's shirt, trying to unbutton them as fast as I could. Which just meant that I kept missing buttons.

"Fuck," I muttered against Alex's lips when I messed up another button.

"Hey," Alex murmured, stopping kissing me. Why wasn't he kissing me? Then his lips went to my neck.

Yeah, okay. I could get on board with that.

"We've got all the time in the world, okay?" he continued, kissing along the exposed part of my neck with each and every word.