Chapater 1

Shuichi's P.O.V

"Ughh-!" I grunt. I get shoved down, falling to the hard ground. Picking myself up, I try to recollect my thoughts. I felt so much pressure on me right now, like it was all on me.

"Heya-!!!" I aim for the side of his stomach, with my sword. I strike him right on my initial target. I can tell I left an impact on him. He takes a few steps back, to regain his strength. He looks back up at me with a smile.

"Great job, sidekick!!!" I hear Kaito bellow, "See you've been using those combat moves I've been teaching you." He gives me a thumbs up, signaling to my victory. He collects our fake wooden swords, and puts them aside.

"Thanks, I guess." I reply, still panting from all training. I am expected to have simple understandings in combat and defense. Kaito was one of the best trainers out there. I really look up to him, he's like the older brother I never had. He's always there to give me the confidence I need.

"You should be more proud of yourself! You've gotten much better from where we first started." He try's to encourage me, it helps a little. "Yeah, I guess I have gotten more skilled." I say with an innocent smile.

"See! That's more like it! Now let's wor-" He begins, but soon got cut of by a familiar feminine voice. I hear the door to the gym open.

"Prince Shuichi, you're uncle wants to see you in the throne room!" The joy filled voice says. A kind smile grows upon her face, trying to make the currant situation better: My Uncle, has called for me.

"Thanks a lot Kaede! Tell him I need to get changed out of my training clothes, and I'll be right there." I reply to her. She nods, and skips off to go inform my Uncle.

She always happy, even to in the worst of situations. She always sees a light at the end of a dark tunnel. I wish I had her optimism, I feel it would make life for me a bit easier.

"You sure you'll be okay?" I hear Kaito ask, breaking me out of my little trance. He knows of my Uncle's horrible ruling of MY kingdom, Lightsville. I was to young to rule when my parents died, so my Uncle took the place as king. It is rightfully MY kingdom, and has fallen to utter despair due to him.

"Yeah, I'll be fine. You don't have to worry about me." I say modestly. I know he's just being a good friend, but I'm sure I'll be fine on my own.

——— Mini Time Skip ———

After I got dressed in my normal attire, which include a white button up shirt, and a black vest that comes with dark blue flowers at the bottom, I head to the throne room. I prepare myself for what I might face from my Uncle. He can do anything he wants to me, and not be held against it. Since, he is "The King", of course.

I see his emotionless face, while he sits upon a throne that doesn't even belong to him. I stop a few feet away, making eye contact with him.

"What have you retrieved me for today?" I say emotionless, but seeming somewhat polite, to not anger him.

"Listen up you brat, you are aware that: When you turn 18, you may take rule of the kingdom, right?" He says, sounding irritated. I was aware of this rule. My 18 birthday was in 4 months. I was going to take advantage of this, over ruling him. I wanted to bring hope back to the people of Lightsville. Be a kind ruler, something they really need right now.