Chapter 3

(A/N: Okay, so I decided I'd get the first few chapters out as soon as possible. So there are going to be some spam/back-to-back updates.)

Shuichi's P.O.V

Right after my training with Kaito, I headed to my room and got changed. I told him and Kaede I was sneaking to town again, so they would cover for me while I was gone. I thanked them so much every time they did me a favor like this.

When I got in my room, I changed into my normal outfit. I grabbed my black cloak with the hoodie, and draped it around on my shoulders. I need to wear a slight disguise when I went out in public. I'd be notice fastly if I didn't. I grabbed a black scarf as well, and wrapped it around my neck. I covered most of my face, up to my mouth.

I went out to the balcony, holding a basket and with the same old rope I've used for years. I tied it to the edge of the balcony. Stepping on the rim of the platform, I started climbing down it. I was pretty high up, but I had gotten used to the hight. I've done this many times before, so I'm basically a master at escaping now, heh-

Once I reached solid ground, I got myself together, and headed to town. It was located on the other side of the woods, right across from my bedroom's balcony. I always took the same route through the woods, I created a mental map in my head. I know this forest like the back of my hand by now.

Once I reached the rim of the woods, I took a deep breath. I could see the town from were I was standing. Hearing the happy giggles of people in the square. I stepped out of the forest, and into the sunlight. It was around noon by now, I needed to be back by sunset at least. I have plenty of time.

As soon as I walked into the town's square, I saw children running around, yelling happy cheers. Woman were doing laundry and cooking, chatting with each other, looking happy. The men were around a camp fire, telling stories, laughing and having a good time. Even with all the despair my kingdoms gone through, they've managed to push forward. Even though their on the brink of collapse.

I was thinking if were to head first, I might to Rantaro's shop right now. It'd be nice to see him again, it's been a while-

Kokichi's P.O.V

I was busy cleaning the dishes right now, this was so boring~! I thought this would be more fun. This is probably worse than sitting on my bed and being bored all day. At least I didn't have to do chores and shit!

Ughh, whatever. I can learn to deal with this, right? Kirumi has done this for a long time, and seems to not get bored or tired. Guess I'll just have to do the same, tsk~

"Kokichi, you are to meet with Kirumi at the main entrance of the castle." I heard one of the guards report. Ooo, maybe I get to do something fun for once, yes!!!

"I'll be there in a few~!" I said in a melodic tone, I placed the dishes down, and ran to the main entrance. I hope this will be worth it, I never run this fast. I'm to lazy to be wasting my energy on that most of the time.

Eventually, I got to the front entrance, and saw Kirumi standing there with a basket in her hand. "What's it you need me for~!" I said hyped! If it was something boring, I would literally throw a fit.

"The castle needs someone to go and retrieve somethings from Rantaro's shop. You remember him? He's were we'd get our medicine and spell ingredients from." Oh, yeah I know him. He was the creepy witch dude in town. I thought he was rather cool though, not creepy as most people think~!

"I remember him! Do you need me to go get the stuff?" Please tell me yes! It'd be nice to go visit town again, and it's not to boring there as well!