Auston Matthews - TML

It was my first day running social media for the leafs and I definitely had jitters. I had showed up a few hours early just so I could tour the arena that would soon become home to me, and get a feel of where everything is.
I hadn't met the players yet, but since this morning was optional skate, my boss felt it was best for me to go get some content and meet some people while the boys weren't so dialed in or serious.
I stayed around the perimeter of the rink, getting videos for social media and some pictures that I could edit for Instagram later. But when practice finished I decided to put my best foot forward, literally, and introduce myself to my so called "coworkers".
My proactive approach probably wasn't the best though. I put my phone in my back pocket and steady myself on the railing of the rink as I stepped onto the ice in sneakers. It was slick, duh, and I wasn't expecting how slick when I slid forward a little, and just as I thought I had my footing and took another step, I could feel gravity start to weigh on me. I was waiting to bust my ass as my first impression on these guys and I clenched my eyes shut as I waited for impact. But the cold hard surface never came and instead I was wrapped up in some warm strong arms.
I felt myself being lifted upright and when I opened my eyes I saw a stupid grin plastered across Auston Matthews face. I reached a hand out for him to shake, " I'm (Y/F/N), I'm the teams new social media manager."
He shook it shaking his head and laughing as well, "well what a first impression (Y/N), you really know how to make an entrance."
"They didn't hire me for my skating ability's okay?" I chuckled with him, "I'm a certified klutz too so that didn't help. But uh thanks for saving my ass, literally."
"No problem, let me know if you ever need anything, I'll save your ass any day."
At that I rolled my eyes at the smirk he was sure to be wearing and turned to go introduce myself to Mitch and Morgan, "Sure thing." But as I tried to take another step I wobbled a little. He skated and caught up to me in a second, "Sure you don't need my help getting around?" He was smirking at me, and as much as I hate to say it I lowkey did need his help, but I was too brave to say anything right now.

"I'm good- I just need to whoa-" I almost slipped again but yet again he caught me, and his muscles tended under my grip. This time he just guided me back to ground with no ice.  "Why don't we just have the guys come introduce themselves to you?"

I didn't say thank you but I'm sure he could tell by the grateful smile that adorned my features. "Yeah that would probably be better." I laughed.

Auston stayed with me, introducing me to the guys, and I could tell there was going to be no shortage of personality here. They all made me feel so welcomed and I couldn't wait to get started with them.
"That wasn't too bad was it?" He chuckled as I gathered my bag up. He walked me back to the door of the locker room, so I knew where to find it for pre and post game content and I nodded in agreeance with him, "not bad at all when you have your own personal tour guide." I nudged him slightly and if I wasn't mistaken I could see the faintest tinge of pink on his cheeks as he looked away from me. "You didn't have to do that, so thank you."

"No problem at all, glad I could help." He grinned, but he lingered for a second.

"Well I'm gonna go, I'll see you tonight at the game then yeah?" I dug into my bag and pulled out my keys already turning to leave when he said, "I'll be the one wearing blue!"
I laughed at that, "you're all gonna be wearing blue! Try again!"

His cheeky smile trickled into brain and I burned the image there, for safekeeping, "number 34. I'll make sure to smile for the camera."

"Wouldn't expect anything less Matthews."