We're Stronger Together

CHAPTER 38

CHAPTER 38

Ben leads the way to Fairy Cottage. They bust inside and don't see anyone. Jay quickly heads upstairs to check.

"She's not upstairs," Jay says as he comes back down. There is then banging on the door beside Addy.

"Chad?" Addy asks as she opens the door to reveal her brother.

"I want my mommy," Chad says before Ben goes to help him up. "No."

"It's okay," Ben tells him as he helps him up. "What happened, buddy?" Chad looks around at everyone scared.

"Addy. Ben!" Chad says as he recognizes his sister and Ben. "Your face. She's gone? Huh? The door is open. I'm free. Freedom! Oh! Freedom!" Chad takes off running out the door causing Harry to laugh.

"He'll be okay," Jay tells Addy as they start walking outside.

"Ooh. All right. Let's get this Audrey chick taken care of already. What do you say, girls? Time to wrap things up?" Uma says as they walk outside causing Mal to laugh before they fist bump.

"You know, someday, you're gonna have to tell me how you guys all got teamed up," Ben says as he wraps an arm around Mal's shoulders.

"Actually, Mal promised to let all the kids off the Isle once this is over," Evie tells Ben.

"Mal? Addy?" Ben asks confused.

"I have to tell you guys something. Um..." Mal says as she turns to face everyone and Addy joins her. "I lied to you. The kids won't be coming off the Isle."

"What do you mean?" Jay asks her.

"The program is shut down. And the barrier will be closed for good," Mal answers him causing Harry to shake his hook at her.

"For Auradon's safety," Addy adds.

"Hold up. So we're saving your precious people and your behinds for a lie," Uma says as she walks over to Mal and Addy. "I knew it was a mistake to trust you. You're always out for yourself."

"And you two, King Ben and Advisor Addy aye... you're probably just gonna throw us all back inside," Harry says sadly as he walks over to Ben.

"You know what? I actually thought you were brave," Celia says as she walks over to Mal. "You're nothing but a chicken. Too scared to tell me that I was never gonna see my dad again."

"Celia," Mal tries but Celia grabs the ember from her. "Celia. Celia, no!" Celia throws the ember into water. "Celia! No! No." Mal quickly grabs the ember. "Regain your might and ignite!No... Regain your might and ignite!" The ember lost it's glow and won't come back.

"Bummer," Uma says as she holds up her necklace. "Let's go find Gil and leave them all to rot."

"No. Uh... Uma!" Mal tries but Uma and Harry walk away.

"Evie... I'm so sorry. I'm sorry, I just... I thought that... I was afraid to tell you. I thought I was gonna lose my best friends. But I had to do something. I had to protect Auradon," Mal explains as Evie takes a couple of steps towards her.

"Closing the barrier was your idea?" Evie asks her.

"I did it for us. I did it for our life that we have here now," Mal answers her.

"For our life? What about the kids that we left behind on that island? The kids that we promised? We were their only hope. I thought you were gonna stand up for the V.K.'s. But instead, you lied to them," Evie questions her before pointing at everyone. "And you lied to Jay. And you lied to Carlos. And you lied to me. We're your family."

"Evie. Evie, come on. I had no choice!" Mal tries as her friends turn away from her.

"Jay," Addy tries as Ben turns to try to talk to Evie but there is a lightening strike and when Mal and Addy look up everyone is turned to stone. "No." Addy falls to her knees in front of Jay as she starts crying. Addy eventually hears yelling and takes off running towards it. Addy ends up meeting up with Uma and Harry as they look up to find dragon Mal and Audrey fighting.

"She doesn't stand a chance without the ember," Uma says as they watch from below.

"Help me, Mal!" Celia calls. Audrey then zaps Mal's wing causing her to start falling.

"We're stronger together," Uma calls as her necklace starts glowing and Addy helps to keep Mal from hitting the ground with her glowing pink hands. "We're stronger together! I'm right here, Mal! Regain your might and ignite. I'm right here, girl. I'm right here. Regain your might and ignite!" Mal holds out the ember and it regains it's glow.

"Yes!" Harry cheers as Uma laughs excitedly.

"These powers that do not belong to me, Return them to the person from which they came," Addy chants as her eyes turn pink. All of the magic power that Mal gave her is returned to Mal in a light blue stream. Addy's eyes turn back to normal as she smiles. "You got this Mal!" Audrey tries to zap Mal but she uses the power of the ember to fight back as her eyes start shining blue.

"Go, Mal!" Celia cheers.

"Go, Mal! You got this! You got this, girl!" Uma cheers on from below. The ember starts to over power the scepter and with a mighty roar from Mal, the ember wins.

"Yeah! Come on!" Harry cheers before he and Uma hug. Addy takes off running back where she left Jay and the others. Mal is covered in blue smoke as she lands on the roof.

Ben, Evie, Carlos, Dude, and Jay are no longer stone.

"Where's Addy?" Jay asks worried about her.

"Come on. Let's go," Ben tells them.

"Jay!" Addy calls as she runs towards them causing him to smile.

"Addy!" Jay calls as he pulls her into a hug.

"She's slipping away," Evie says from where she sits beside Audrey's bed. Mal sits on the other side of Audrey's bed, as they watch over her.

"There's only one person in the world who might be able to do something about this, and that's Hades," Mal explains as she looks at everyone.

"Hades?" Ben asks. "He wouldn't do it. I wouldn't risk it."

"Actually, he might do it for me. He's my father," Mal tells him causing everyone to look at her in shock.

"Okay. Well, I'll have to send guards to get him," Ben says as he tries to process everything.

"Maybe I can hitch a ride," Uma tells him. "The Isle is my home. Someone needs to be there to protect it."

"Well, then, you will need your first mate," Harry says as he walks over to Uma.

"The Isle will be in very good hands," Addy tells Uma with a smile.

"Can I go, too? I wish I could be in both places," Celia asks causing Mal to look down sadly.

"I really think that Evie and Addy were right," Mal says as she stands up. "And... I do think that we could've been friends. And I'm really sorry that I lied to all of you guys. You deserved so much better than that."

"You were just trying to do the right thing," Jay tells her as he hugs Addy closer to him.

"Yeah," Uma agrees before Mal looks over to Evie sadly.

"I get it," Evie says as she stands as well.