Chapter 2: Input and Output

Damion had ran back the way he came and saw SCP-173 on the floor below him. He had kept his eyes open, but soon blinked. However, the statue didn't move an inch closer.

"Ulgrin, look behind you!" the scientist had shouted.

He than looked over to see an agent and the scientist from before backing away slowly.

"Oh crap...Keep your eyes on it, Franklin".

The lights had flickered and SCP-173 moved closer to them. They started to back up even faster to a door behind them. The lights had flickered again and they all disappeared. Damion ran down the stairs and looked around. Tables were overturned and chairs were thrown on the ground.

He looked on the ground and saw a weird patch of black ooze. He didn't know what it was, but he certainly knew not to touch it. Damion walked though the door that Ulgrin and Franklin had walked through, blinking before went through. That was a habit he had to get used to with that statue on the loose.

He was brought back from his daydreaming as he heard something oozing. He looked above where he was standing and saw another patch of black sludge. He dived out of the way when he saw a body come flying out of it.

"What the hell?"

Damion looked at the body. It was covered in that black sludge and the face looked like it had it skin completely burned off until the skull was visible. Damion now knew that he shouldn't touch that stuff.

He went through the door in front of him and looked over the balcony and saw two scientists conversing.

"Is there a quick way out of here?" the first scientist had asked.

The second had replied,

"I think the shortest way out is through the southeast wing. Follow me".

The scientists were about to head up to the balcony that Damion was standing on, so he got ready to run. However. all three had heard shuffling in the air vents. Soon, the lights went out again and Damion heard 2 loud crunches.

He looked over the balcony and saw SCP-173 standing near the bodies of the scientists. He knew he would be fine as long as the door to his level didn't open. He went into the small storage room right next door and found a gas mask and a level 1 key card.

Damion knew that he couldn't get anywhere with a level 1 as he slipped the card into his pocket and put the mask around his neck. He looked on the shelves for a higher level on when he saw a piece of paper. He looked at it and saw that it was SCP-173's description.

Item #: SCP-173

Object Class: Euclid

Special Containment Procedures: Item SCP-173 is to be kept in a locked container at all times. When personnel must enter SCP-173's container, no fewer than 3 may enter at any time and the door is to be relocked behind them. At all times, two persons must maintain direct eye contact with SCP-173 until all personnel have vacated and relocked the container.

Description: Moved to Site-19 1993. Origin is as of yet unknown. It is constructed from concrete and rebar with traces of Krylon brand spray paint. SCP-173 is animate and extremely hostile. The object cannot move while within a direct line of sight. Line of sight must not be broken at any time with SCP-173. Personnel assigned to enter container are instructed to alert one another before blinking. Object is reported to attack by snapping the neck at the base of the skull, or by strangulation. In the event of an attack, personnel are to observe Class 4 hazardous object containment procedures.